Quickest Starions in Australia & NZ

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

You really do live in fairyland! Let's clear up a few things... This is NOT my car! I do NOT have timeslips for the machine. The topic question was asking for the fastest Starions in Australia! I know that the car ran 10.9. I'm also best friends with one of the Dyson Rotary boys, his old man holds the World record for the worlds fastest untubbed rotary, sadly I don't have his slip either! :?

What have you got against Chris anyway? You don't even know him!? You're friends with Flav and I hope that goes well for you, just because some of us don't use your mechanic\engineer doesn't mean we're all jerks! I don't hold anything against Flav, nor does Chris! Myself or him haven't met him nor seen much of his work! I think Flav has realised he is a bigger man then to keep up this bullshit, when are you going to get over yourself?

Chris has a PROVEN track record with not only Starions, but other makes on the track, drag and drift! You can view his work, including Con's SOHC JA which is in question at his website www.beyondthelimit.com.au

As for timeslips, go ask Con...
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Glen GSR III wrote: i fail to see how this car goes full seconds faster than other starions with similar mods. Feel free to prove me wrong.
AXELR8's car goes full seconds faster then the other times on the list and his mods aren't that impressive...
http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=axelr8

No offence to AXELR8, nice car, great job.

Con's JA is a dedicated track car. It has been stripped of almost all excess weight. It still contains the 4G63 SOHC, however it has the L300 MPI with massive plenum, massive injectors, massive FMIC, with 3" fixed cooler piping, 3" exhaust, custom cam, forgies, fully ported, machined to scary perfection, stupidly expensive suspension setup and god knows what else! These are just SOME of the reasons why it's faster. The first one alone should shave a second or so.

Other respected members of this forum have seen this for real, this car is the business! There is NO other car with "similar mods" in Australia, except maybe DJNova's... :beer
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

it might be easy to make a 16 second car a 13 second car but to make a 13 second car a 10 second car its a bit harder that list of mods may be a nice combo but the money you have to put into a car to make it go that fast and reliable is an absolute fortune... even though i hate the car one of mates has a VL turbo (XGMCOP) and his car ran a 10.9 with around 50k put into the motor and turbo that has all be done propely... not be a mechienest but by a motor mechanic, the turbo is rebuilt evey 7,500km and the motor every 15,000 so by knowing that it makes it verrrrrrrryyyyy hard for me to believe that cons car can run 10.9 on a starion motor with l300, forgies, cooler and chris colier standard "scratch with a nail file"porting (as seen on brents car that is still being fixed up by flav, from the problems that chris caused). i dont want to be a prick but it just frustrates me having to put up with people like yourself who constantly congratulate chris for his poor work on starions i (not other cars just starions) that in the end , turn out being fixed by flav....... i think i have said enuff for 1 night im off to bed ill check your reply tomorrow

bigmoz:pimp
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Guys,

Back on topic...

Start a new tread if you want to carry this on... It's not constructive and neither of you will agree.

Don't make me come over there and smack you kids... :shock:
1985 JB Starion #157
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Re: ...

Post by toysrus »

Bigmoz, all you are trying to do is stirr shit up between two people, flav and con, who I'm sure have more respect for each other then they do for you :beer

What your bringing to this Forum at the moment is off little value, so please do yourself a favour and either change or leave.
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

toysrus...

Thanks for backing me up but don't try to stir up more crap by having a go at bimoz

To Quote you... "Bigmoz, all you are trying to do is stirr shit up between two people"

Did that help the situation ...... no.

Don't make me come over and smack you too... :roll:

Stay on topic guys and this will become an informative thread for future reference... :beer
1985 JB Starion #157
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Yeah should be a good thread that one day I will be in :D
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

My car has run a 10 second pass and l have the timeslip(s) to prove it. :drool: :drool: :drool:
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

meanwhile back at the ranch....

i think i know where my timeslip is. will just have 2 find some way of posting it up as i cant save jack shit on this computer, might give it to gary to do..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

redzone, or kit... did you end up finding that time slip?
1985 JB Starion #157
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

list updated...
1985 JB Starion #157
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

TOMSUN, if it helps, I witnessed redzone's passes and 13.87@96mph was his best time
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Thanks Charlie,

I actually met Dave at his workshop the day after and he showed me his time slips.

Cheers,
Pete
1985 JB Starion #157
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

was good 2 meet ya mate! :beer

i met like 4 new austarion`ers in just a few days!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
ROCKETMAN
Big Dorifto

Post by ROCKETMAN »

Speaking of this, how can I change my nick?