1jz started today

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Haltech can send you a base map if you e-mail them. They also sent me wiring config for the isc and crank/cam triggers for the 2jz - I suspect they have similar stuff for the 1jz.
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

I actually got all the wiring stuff frpom them already, ignitor, iscv, and cam/crank angle sensors. I asked for a 1jz base map but they said they didnt have one, so I asked for a 2jz one and got it.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

well hell, it wasnt my timing, it was me not wiring the fuel pump up to th wrong place, or I should say not even wired up. The starion primes th fuel pump then turns it off by itself. Wired the haltech fuel pump power straight to the wire leading to the fuel pump. THe thing started right up after my starter gave me a bit of trouble. revs awesome too! :beer

'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Well done! :beer

Feels good when a major headache is easily resolved :)
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

yay it's running! What's left before it hits the streets?
_

Post by WANTSOM »

Nxtime wrote:
Feels good when a major headache is easily resolved
I wouldnt know. LOL
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

heater core lines and holes need to be driller through the firewall, intercooler piping, exhaust, driveshaft, and I gotta grab some 6 bolt axles since I upgraded to an 88 rearend. With any luck I will find a donor driveshaft tube this week,m and get it fabbed up by next sunday. I'm going to use a basic driveshaft for now, but once I get it running all nice, and its time to start omdding, I will go with spicer 1310 joints on a real custom driveshaft. I still need to instlal my new fuel pump also.
80's Hero
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

airbats801 wrote:The starion primes th fuel pump then turns it off by itself.

I told you so.... Bitch..
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

sure did scum bag :beer
80's Hero
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

I'm real glad I didnt order my radiator yet, as of now, I cant even slide a stock radiator in because the lower water neck is hitting the alternator pulley..... I wonder if I can relocate the alternator to where the a/c use to be.

I think I may just put hood pins on the SOB and cut the entire section from headlight to headlight out, minus the frame support down below.
80's Hero
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

you could mount if further forward and use a breather tank and/or remote thermo.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

i hear one of the older the 'Alfa Romeo' models has a remote thermostat housing that is the SHHHHHIIIIZZZZZZ-NITCH!. so i hear anyways...

if anyone has any info on said work of art.... GIMMI!! it is supposed to act like a oil cooler thermo, the water pump recirculates the water through the engine without going through the radiator, then when the temp is right it starts a 'trickle' through the radiator that will increase or decrease as needed. it supposedly eliminates hot spots and overtemp cylinders. like the ones someone might get if they shoe horned an engine the size of, say a 1J into a lill 'Ol engine bay with no real front grille, like say, 'Oh i dunno, the stazz?
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.