Cost of sourcing widebody front & rear panels?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
FullOfPlasma
Lil' Dorifto

Post by FullOfPlasma »

I just love the flared look of the widebody panels, that's about it.

I could swear reading somewhere that there is/was a kit available to make a narrow body a widebody.

I've taken a look on the starquest forums, cars for $400US higher and lower, with all the panels and wheels. Equates to roughly $750 australian + shipping & customs...that's where it'd sting. I'd still be interested as to roughly how much it'd cost. If the car is just a rolling shell, would it make all that much difference?

One australian company charges around $2700 - $2900 to import.

"I've been really drunk in several major capital cities around the world, but Tokyo was the most fun...so far!"

VL's are for someone who can't afford a skyline but is willing to spend the cost of a GTR modifying it.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

then you have all the customs fees and charges which will cost about $1800-2000. Plus the actual LHD->RHD conversion... might as well import a complete RHD car from Japan. Will cost the same and you wont have to do any work. Save time effort and money.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
FullOfPlasma
Lil' Dorifto

Post by FullOfPlasma »

True,

Ive gathered that you've gone through the process of jap importing?
"I've been really drunk in several major capital cities around the world, but Tokyo was the most fun...so far!"

VL's are for someone who can't afford a skyline but is willing to spend the cost of a GTR modifying it.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

I think his avatar explains that pretty well! :P

That's the one in his driveway! :x :D :P
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

check with your local registration authority, as u can drive lhd cars here in qld. not sure if there`s an age cut off tho.

if u can drive an `88 model left hand drive car here in queensland then i may be doing that in the next couple of years.. corvette queensland is only 80k`s away from me so i`m planning on drivin up there sometime and quizzing em :D
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
FullOfPlasma
Lil' Dorifto

Post by FullOfPlasma »

Laws in Victoria dont allow for LHD unless its over 4.5 tonnes or 30years old.

:(

Still I would find it be weird driving an LHD car.