STRUT BRACE ORDER INFO

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

OK we have pictures of the prototype as fitted to my JA.

These photos are of an unpolished and unpainted brace made purley for measurments,
you can see for yourself weather it will fit your cars needs.

Should mention that one corner is lifted on the right hand side, the prototype needed a little filing, thats what prototypes are all about.
My plumb back hose caused the rocker cover blowby hose to rub against the brace slightly but a slight movement of the hoses should fix that problem for me.

questions? I can try and answer them.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Fitting

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

By the looks of that it will fit over a JD piping setup... Will these come polished or as in the photos.....

good work
grumbly
Strut Braces

Post by grumbly »

End Plates will be 2 pak white.
The bar will be polished.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

What kind of cruise control unit is that, looks fairly new.. by the way nice neon :P
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

<Quote> What kind of cruise control unit is that, looks fairly new..

Good pickup, cruise control is a command: AP-60 and you are correct its 2 weeks old did entire cruise control install myself and it works well. Its one of the few DIY kits available and works on Starions (Thank God) costs about $230.

<Quote> by the way nice neon

Thanks I got sick of the tiny boot light so made a boot lighting upgrade to a neon, its connected to the standard globe wires and comes on when the boot opens, the wires are usually threaded behind the boot trims but were removed to put brace on.

Dallas
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

You guys got a boot light? :o :( Wheres it located?
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

My widebody had factory cruise control. I took it off, huge bulky throttle actuator thing that wasn't mounted properly because of the RHD conversion. I guess you will all hate me now :?

Anyhow this post is about strut braces. It's a bit hard to tell if it will miss a L300 manifold? Maybe I can take a picture of my engine bay from the same angle as you to get a feel for it?

A strut brace has to be fairly stiff to do the job intended how does it feel bolted on, pretty solid?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I believe these are Whiteline Strut-Brace bars so I guess we can blame them if its too soft :wtf:
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

As I said above the prototype was made for measurment so we didnt put it under any pressure as it wasn't made of any high tensile materials, at least not to my knowlege.
grumbly
Strut Braces

Post by grumbly »

hehe, now I am ready fro production, interest has died ...typical.
Brent
Lil' Dorifto

STRUT BRACES

Post by Brent »

Interest has died?
You could reply to your mail.
You could even answer some of the questions!
"A strut brace has to be fairly stiff to do the job intended
how does it feel bolted on, pretty solid?"
The strut brace may be from Whiteline,
but the mounting brackets would be critical for rigidity.
grumbly
Strut Braces

Post by grumbly »

reply to what mail?
all questions have been answered previously on this forum, under 2 headings that I know of.
The end plates are laser cut 3mm steel, brackets are also 3mm and fully mig welded.
These will actually be stronger than the 20 sets made and sold very successfully on cordiapower.

Sorry, but can't answer the questions relating to rear lights, cruise control etc as I do not own a Starion.
zaidja83
I like starions

Front Strut Brace confirmation

Post by zaidja83 »

You have email of transfer confirmation.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I have one of the Strut-braces from the Cordiapower 'Group Buy' so feel more then knowledgable to comment here :D

Without it, the chassis would flex considerably and induce torque steer.....this also was not helped by some of the spot welds along the Front cross-member becoming unstuck after the cross-member suffered significant damage from the Cordia's previous owner altercations hence weakening Front-end stability.

So far with the damaged Cross-member still on, Flex has been reduced to about 0 with as Grumbly's says, weaker End plates then the ones designed in this Batch for you guys so realistically, the ones for you'se should be more then sufficient, you lucky bastards, makes me feel less special now :crying
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Don't worry, everyone knows the starions always got the better stuff over the cordias. :D