Why do we love Starions?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Post by Eurotrash »

Elanor of Gone in 60 sec fame
Brand New replica
$160000 from memory

The only trade up of the Starion for me
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

corvette and a widebody starion, i WILL have a corvette, i hope theres a widebody in there somewhere too.
Glenjo
Enthusiast

Post by Glenjo »

LxS wrote:
1989-1992 Toyota Supra GT Twin Turbo
mmm they are beauiful cars! probably toyotas best, besides the mid 90's MR2
that's the ticket :beer, will you be my girlfriend?
LxS
I love starions

Post by LxS »

mmmmm :drool:

:D such a tease..

(no one point out the fact the picture has been done backwards, i know!)
8 2 ' M i t s u b i s h i S t a r i o n W i d e b o d y
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Why do I have a Starion

Post by WANTSOM »

Coz it came with the wife :D

Love em both and wouldnt swap either for any amount. But I know if I bought a Ferrari I wouldn't have to worry with foreplay. Would I Marie? :wink:
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

ill let u in on the secret on why we love our cars so much, its because most of us here have spent that much money on our starions that we are forced to love em`. we cant sell them other wise we can see our selves losing thousands...hmmm i must admit there are plenty of cars i would of taken over the starion...reason why i chose the starion was because it was affordable, but that soon changed after about 3 months...

hmm lets see jap cars i would choose over starion narrow....- starion widebody, mazda familia gtr, nissan pulsar gti-r, r31 skyline coupe,ma70 supra...

hmmm muscle cars :twisted: - crysler by chrysler coupe 360, VIP, charger..nice ones.... hmmmm american, hemi cuda, cudas, road runners, dodge chargers, challengers, gtx, satellite, furys...hmmm dunno if i missed anything
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

mmm, pretty much the same as me...

if i could afford a better car then i would probably buy one... which is my big dilemma... cos im at the point now where i either A: have to spend several thousand dollars to get my staz the way i want it or B: save those dollars and buy something else, that is either factory fast ie GTS-T or similar, or an old classic. (i have a bit of a soft spot for old falcons)

theres a gts-t for sale round the road, all original bar exhaust but auto, for $4500... but every man and his dog seems to have R32s.

:wtf: :x :wtf: :x :wtf: :x
oz, here i come....
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

don't know why I love it, but I can honestly say that if money was NOT an issue, I would fully restore it & give it a 400hp motor, I think it's because no one knows what the F@!$ they are, I like to drive something that not everyone drives... if that makes sense. :roll:
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Because it gets real cold here at night. REAL COLD.
evogalant
I like starions

Post by evogalant »

Gutter_Rat wrote:if money was no object i would be driving a 1989-1992 Toyota Supra GT Twin Turbo with some nice performance mods.
I think thats a JZA70 isn't it? which is what decoy wants aswell. I wouldn't mind one, 1jz in the best looking supra.

While im here, if money was no object id find an original 4wd Cordia and dump a evo3 engine in it (and convert the running gear to evo if possible).
That would shock the hell out of anyone as you do a 4 wheel burnout of the lights in a cordia :pimp
no more galant, no more turbo :( hello pimp magna :)
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

Defective wrote:theres a gts-t for sale round the road, all original bar exhaust but auto, for $4500... but every man and his dog seems to have R32s.
Every 2nd car is a Skyline in NZ, don't see why you would want one. Most people that like them are 14 year boys who play too much Gran Turismo, or 14 year old girls that know how to spot one by the pineapple ring lights.

You were talking about getting an old GTO, so you clearly have an apprecation of class, forget skylines! Unless you get a reeeeal old one. They're classy.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

evogalant wrote:
Gutter_Rat wrote:if money was no object i would be driving a 1989-1992 Toyota Supra GT Twin Turbo with some nice performance mods.
I think thats a JZA70 isn't it? which is what decoy wants aswell. I wouldn't mind one, 1jz in the best looking supra.
and still not a common car!

phuket! gimme that rallywing i photochopped! i wonder how much that hybrid would cost to make considering there's only 5 gullwings and goodluck trying to get a 4wd starion! :D then again... the rally staz is a narrowbody... and the gull is wide... so can't put the wings on the rally one... how the hell would you retrofit the rally front on a widebody! yeh, big $$ there... then chucking the drive gear in there... wheels wouldn't match the widebody guards, so gotta adapt the 4wd onto the widebody drivetrain... easy
_

Post by Chryzla »

it has a 1JZ? i think perhaps the 1989 still has the MA70 but the 1992 has the 1JZ
1983 JA Staz
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

Gutter_Rat wrote:it has a 1JZ? i think perhaps the 1989 still has the MA70 but the 1992 has the 1JZ
late 89 had the first jza70 i beleive, went to 92 until the new model, JZA80 took over with the 2JZ. the JZA70 is still an MA70, but it took over the 2litre twin turbo version and sold simultaniously with the 7m version. or something along those lines
_

Post by JPC »

Oi!

This stuff should be discussed on the 'toymods' web site :D