National Starion Meet

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

This sounds great, I'm happy to go wherever. :D

some award ideas...
#most bits that fell off
#most non starion parts
#most original starion
#most Ugly starion

#fastest using standard ecu
#fastest 4G63 sohc
#fastest non 4g63 sohc
Ford G6ET 458wkws
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Wet t shirt competition

Post by WANTSOM »

In the words of the great Kramer.... "I'm in". Have my t-shirt packed already.
:D
I agree with a different venue every year but that does entail members from the host state putting a lot of effort in to make it happen. The ingredients need to factor in affordable accomodation, speed events, cruises and clubbing at night.

Afterthought... also need to approach the local constab and arrange for special allowances for Gav. Imagine this Gav gets pulled over and asked the usual "did you know you were speeding" and his reply "did you?"
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

" In my mind, I'm allready gone" Cosmo Kramer
Ford G6ET 458wkws
gav
ghostrider

Post by gav »

rofl :P that's if they catch me first :P....oh, my throttle cable snapped on my motorbike tonight - had to pull the damn thing like a fishing line for 10 kms :(

i'm now cruising in mums' old 1984 corona :lol:
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

Cruisin for chic hey Gaz, dont forget to do the bov noises :D
Ford G6ET 458wkws
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

starion nationals

Post by SIRIUS »

how small car sunday is set out is killa, set it out over a few days maybe on a long weekend.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Problem for an annual event, most people won't get cams license to just do this one event a year, and the crap you have to go through to get involved with them most daily drivers won't do, i would and have but i have to do it again now which is why i have a go at organised practise sessions, book the track well in advance (obviously when you find out whats going on) and most people will accomidate split yer track costs but also run a gold coin donation type thing for spectators at the door and that can pay for the beer and snags that day.

ermm.... what else I think the trophies idea is good but like Chef posted put some in that aren't necessary to have a fast car or schmiko car, that way everyone has a chance and funny as to make fun of them over a beer.

As for Camotec Motorsports, we will be there in full race setup......
spare treds and an extinguisher :D
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Gav on a bike

Post by WANTSOM »

Hey Gav,

When you take a lady friend for a date on your bike and have to ride pillion, do you put her in front of you and steer from behind. :P

If so, do you do many hard braking applications that tend to slide you forward. I mean like she'd have the fuel tank to stop her but you'd be on a slippery seat with nothing to slow your forward inertia (except her) right.

Just thinking out loud and wondering if you had faced this dilemma yet and what your solutuin would be.

Cheers
G
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

hmmm, :)
Ford G6ET 458wkws
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

A friend's car club held there Nationals at and around DECA. It has skid pan, figure 8 and road track for playing on. Also cruised (navigation trial) around Wangaratta and districts. Wineries antique shops etc abound also.
Is there somewhere else like that further north west, like Mildura or something so everybody has to travel for ages!! Or DECA, it's reasonably cheap but more central to Vic's than others.
gav
ghostrider

Post by gav »

no, haven't tried it......yet ;) - would be painfull if she wanted to ride sidesaddle tho lol :shock:
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

not painfull if you have intstalled a GOV :D
Ford G6ET 458wkws
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

I'd turn up to a National event, provided it's not any time soon :) The car currently only goes fast downhill :)
Cam
c'mon change my thingy

Post by Cam »

I would be in for one if it was say next year. maybe.

BTW hcca everytime i see a post by you and i see that cat i cant stop bloody laughing
'Look Daddy I'm A Farmer'
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

since there would be starion owners coming from all over the country, it should be exactly in the middle of the country, ie Alice Spring maybe in which case in one of the comps the winner would be the car that actually makes it all the way without breaking down.. once

prices could be finding rare parts buried in the dirt like an LSD, mp intake, hybrid turbos etc, coolers, with the help of cryptic clues.. 8)

instead of a burnout comp there would be doing donuts in the sand the first one to get bogged down wins. :x
anymore ideass
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ