Are they obtainable?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:
redzone wrote:best option is to get a JB intake manifold and some new 86/87 starion injectors from ebay. you can run this setup from a JA computer, i've done it. JA and JB injectors are the same size, 850cc. all you really need to do is make an adapter loom from the JA injector plug to the JB bosch type ones.
Hey Dave,

Does the 'type B' injection set-up bolt straight onto a JA inlet manifold??
These things are constantly for sale on US ebay. I wouldn't think the 2.6L inlet mani would work with a 2L one!
If so, this may be a good alternative/conversion for JA owners,( type A injection) to type B, as there are many parts available
such as the aftermarket 850cc injectors, rebuild kits and injector plugs on the net!!
In fact, we have seen a Dash set-up with type B injectors planted on.... :beer

you know, i've never even compared them. i'd be just changing the whole intake manifold with the throttle body etc. all the ones i've even had have been together like that so the intake manifolds arent hard to get. i think i've got a couple of JB ones here.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au