Cops

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

I was out getting bread (!) one saturday night, and i was trying to find a spot to park, and there was one on the other side of the road, so i went curbside on this side (loading zone) ready to make the U as soon as there were no cars.. and hey presto a cop pulls in behind me and THEN turn's on his lights..

they come around.. "got your license there?".. and after i hand it to him, he goes around to look at the front of the car.. and i'm thinking shit.. the first thing he's gonna see if he pops the bonnet is a bright blue bov in an otherwise black and maroon engine bay.... (this has been blumbed back now, so no longer illegal :))

but lucky for me, he goes around to the back to check the exhaust.. now, my starion has idling problems, so it idles at 400rpm on the cooler nights.. so luckily, he couldn't hear much from the exhaust as it was idling.. haha.. so he let me go :D

I hate cops on the road with a passion now. do your fucking jobs and go fight some crime instead of collecting money from people who have done 10km/h over the limit.. boo fuckin hoo.. or pull over the poeple who actually drive like retards instead of the ones who have powerful aka fun to drive cars.. yesterday, there was a jackass going around a roundabout without indicating.. plus he was on his phone.. if it we me driving i would have hit him just to fuck his miserable life up. luckily it was my girlfriend and she's not the roadrage type.. why does this guy still have his license?? and a full license no less :glare:

my housemate used to own a tt soarer which came with cannons when he bought it.. loud car.. but the noise wasn't a silly droning noise.. it was the type of noise a car should make :beer but because it was loud, for a while our house was on cop watch.. there's a truck that's always parked a couple of houses down from mine, so the bastards would always park just behind the truck, so we couldn't see them.. and as we would drive, they'd follow

there was once where we were goin to the local woollies in his car.. and the cop started following, and as we approached a roundabout, there just happened to be another cop car that passed in front of us.. so now we have a cop in front, and a cop behind.. the cop in front pulls over, lets us pass, and get back in.. so now we have 2 police cars tailing.. we got into the woollies, and one of them actually followed us in! we parked and went into the woollies and was just watching them.. pretty much as soon as we entered the woollies they left..

my mate has since been defected and then changed the exhaust to something that's a tad less noisy

haha sorry for the rant.. again
Last edited by thrash on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

yeah some cops are just plain out there to fine you. I got pulled over once in one of my old Galants - I had a heavy lawn mower in the back as I was dropping it off for a friend to borrow, anyway I got pulled up by a cop who was adament I had cut my springs to lower it. After he wouldn't believe me I opened up the boot and started lifting the mower out for him to see the back of the car raise up instantly. The look on his face was priceless. Really I would have thought the fact the front of the car was still high as would have given it away.

Other than that I haven't had any trouble by cops, infact the other day I was driving the Eterna around with uncerted suspension which left the crossmembers 60mm from the road, braided brake lines and wheel spacers (all stuff which is illegal unless certified), I was stopped at the traffic lights and two young-ish cops pull up in the lane next to me, it was a sunny day so I had all my windows down and then heard one of the cops call out and ask if it was rotary... I mean WTF??? I said 'nah mate' to which he replied 'but don't these come out rotary?', by that time the lights had just changed green so quickly said 'nah mate it's a Mitsi not a POS mazda' and proceeded to drive off slowly (and quietly haha).
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

I've been pulled over stacks of times. Even had to defend myself in court on a neg driving charge and won!

I've had my fair share of fines which I deserved and I've been let off stacks of times.

So, to be honest I don't have a problem with cops.
1985 JB Starion #157
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

oh i don't have a problem with cops.. just the ones roaming the roads with nothing better to do than make drivers miserable ;)
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

About 2 weeks ago I was driving my mint '85 Fairmont and got pulled over. The cop walked around the car, rubbed his finger in the dust on the bonnet (which was only there because i had been out to my parents farm the day before), and looked at the rego label before walking up to my window and proceeding to tear me a new one over the fact that the boot badge says "Fairmont" and the rego sticker says "Falcon", then telling me "This is the sort of car that will kill people." I asked him what he meant, and he replied "I don't have to explain myself to scum like you!" He then proceeded to attack me over a minor oil leak from the rocker cover and sent me on my way. The funny thing is, last week Dad was driving the car and the very same cop pulled us up, did a vehicle inspection, said "nice car" and let us go. I guess he was just having a bad day, but how is that fair?
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

/start rant

yeah they do read forums.. and yet still do nothing about the legitimate complaints..

4 hrs to get to a house " with a druggo ex-boyfriend in the front yard with a knife"... 2 wks later same night a prank call was put in to the same station the call "about 5 cars doing burnouts and stuff"... 3 cop cars in 15 mins!!!

READ THIS:- NOT FURKING HAPPY!!!! just because there are no fines in keeping the community safe from REAL crimes doesn't mean its not important. when was the last time a break in victim got their stuff back???, when was the last time you saw a cop and thought " our community is being looked after" or were you thinking " great how much is it gonna cost me now!".

wanna drive in a white falcodore and get fat??.. get a job as a taxi driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/end rant
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

jwebb2876 wrote:I guess he was just having a bad day, but how is that fair?
bad day? or perhaps there's a dickface switch in his head that goes on when he sees your P plates?
quest wrote:
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

F THE POLICE. (Traffic cops anyway, which is 99% of them)

What designation or class of driver uses P plates??

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

thrash, sounds like the previous soarer owner was dodgy and the number plate came up on the system when your mate was driving around in it.

P plate is when you first get your license.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

RiceThief wrote:thrash, sounds like the previous soarer owner was dodgy and the number plate came up on the system when your mate was driving around in it.
I suppose that's a possibility.. although i would think they'd have also gotten the info that the car had been sold so they could update their database?

I think they were just looking for easy targets to pin. the cops would frequent more around the week of the 15th of every month.. maybe they had a quota of bookings to fill? maybe cops go thru something similar to pms? who knows..
quest wrote:
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

[quote="RiceThief"]thrash, sounds like the previous soarer owner was dodgy and the number plate came up on the system when your mate was driving around in it.
quote]

yer that is rite
when i buy a car one of the first things i do is get new plates! it costs like 45 bucks and there nice and shiny!
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

haha, costs a lot more in NSW to get new numbers on your plates
quest wrote:
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

I believe that the DOT and police database are seperate with particularly the police one not being updated as frequently as the DOT one. You just need to go down to a DOT to get a replacement plate, shouldnt cost much at all.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

thrash wrote:haha, costs a lot more in NSW to get new numbers on your plates
Actually it's cheaper. It's only $36

Yellow
Size: 134x372mm
Standard content One off order fee of $36
| AA • 22 • AA | AAA • 222* |

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/myrta/myplate ... rucks.html
1985 JB Starion #157
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

dirtygalant wrote:he replied 'but don't these come out rotary?', by that time the lights had just changed green so quickly said 'nah mate it's a Mitsi not a POS mazda' and proceeded to drive off slowly (and quietly haha).
Hahaha that would've been gold. He must've thought the eterna was a cosmo. Only car that would even remotely resemble it. Dumbass.

Never have probs with cops unless I have no warrant or am speeding then they're like a bloody rash. My starion is pretty close to the ground and loud enough but it's usually clean as so maybe that's why.

Agree with the "go fight some real crime" call but i can imagine the poor bastards get a hard time from their seniors to generate a bit of revenue and the easiest way is to pull up likely looking punters in modified cars.