Guys come on

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

4gpwr wrote:Except for all of 4gpwr's topics. Tom vr4 have you ever laid a spanner on your car? I have worked for a lot of high profile work shops for the last ten years and built some of the fastest cars of their type, from drag cars to drift cars and others. Open that little mind of yours and be open to suggestion, as for my threads I had to keep it simple and stupid just for people like you so you could relate to. Maybe I should get to the point faster, but everything most of you talk about doing I have done a few times over. I just like to see different opinions. The only good ansewers I have got have been from the workshops that write on this forum. Not from students like you. Next time you take your DOHC Starion to Melbourne and let me know so my JA can tear you a new arsehole, straight line only cause I can't go around corners
Right fixed up the punctuation and spelling for those who tire trying to decipher other peoples primary school drop out english skills.
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

AAHHH! NOW I get it LOL
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

No one here is going to argue what you have or havn't done, however your initial attitude is what has caused everyone to give you a hard time.
I think that you do actually mean well, but you have just got off to a bad start.
If you are planning on sticking around i suggest you start to listen to other peoples opinion or advice and not just say this is how it is and thats final.

I could pay out on you like everyone else (eg when you said to sleeve a block which has a massive hole out the side) however this will only make you retaliate and not make the forums any better for it.

Start again, Introduce yourself and post a few pics or a dyno sheet and im sure people will get off your case.
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

Shannon you are really too nice.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Shannon you are really too nice.
I like to think of it as diplomatic :P
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

this forum is definitely BY FAR the best car forum i've ever SEEN let alone been a member of. i dont want it brought down to the level of other shitty forums like ozgemini.com because of arrogance and threatening behaviour. no one cares how many shops you've worked for. if u have worked for quite a few in 10 years that means u are having trouble holding a job, right?

the technical forum is for troubleshooting, not quantum physics. as has been mentioned, i'm in the process of collating information and pics for a twin cam how too thread (as there has been many failed attempts previously) but i'm not gonna start posting that until i have all the information.

ps paragraphs are cool, too.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
TomVR4
I love starions

Post by TomVR4 »

4gpwr wrote:
tomvr4 wrote:except for all of 4gpwr's topics
Mr Tom vr4 have you ever laid a spanner on your car i have worked for alot of high profile work shops for the last ten years and built some of the fastest cars of their type from drag cars to drift cars and others. Open that little mind of yours and be open to suggestion as for my threads i had to keep it simple and stupid just for people like you could relate to maby I should get to the point faster, but everything most of you talk about doing, i have done a few times over.I just like to see different opions.The only good ansewers i have got ,have been from the workshops that write on this forum.Not from students like you.Next time you take your dohc Starion to melb let me know so my Ja can tear you a new arsehole, strait line only.
Mate, all I was saying, is that this thread is pointless.
G6E Falcon Turbo (stock)
XJ Jeep Cherokee (5" lift, muddies, lockers etc)
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

The Technical forum is for Technical questions...... this area is for people that have genuine problems with a Starion, or need to find a bit of information that may help.
Yes it may become boring.... but we are all here to help each other.
Maybe you should have posted what you wanted to say in the general section.
Can the moderator move this all over to there please, because it is wasting space.
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Abalistic wrote:The Technical forum is for Technical questions...... this area is for people that have genuine problems with a Starion, or need to find a bit of information that may help.
Yes it may become boring.... but we are all here to help each other.
Maybe you should have posted what you wanted to say in the general section.
Can the moderator move this all over to there please, because it is wasting space.
Agreed this isnt a tech question so it should be moved or deleted.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

moved!

This guy's kind of funny. but not really. Where's the pics of his car?
_

Post by OLD FART »

decoy wrote:moved!

This guy's kind of funny. but not really. Where's the pics of his car?
Engine specs, Pics & dyno printout would help give him credability also his "strait "line drag time slip as well so it can be recorded in the fastest Starion listings
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I like and back Oldies comments.... so 4gpwr put up or shut up. Anyone can say they're this or that and make wild claims about their cars but from what I've seen in my 48 years is that the people who "do" just get on and do and let the results speak. Those that dont just talk bullshit. So back up your comments with dyno sheets, lap times/ time slips and a pic of a Starion that you own would be nice. Then I'll take you seriously. Until then, sorry but your a clown.

Its just funny that for someone who lays claims to having been around a while with a Starion doing times and all that, a lot of the Melbourne people here who watch all things Starion with some interest dont seem to have ever heard or seen you in action or otherwise.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

HAHAHA This thread is so funny. It cracks me up. 4gpwr if you noticed it seems that you are the one with a problem. Anyone on here is welcome to their own opinions and there is no problems with people on this forum not knowing much about cars. That is why they are here. To LEARN.

As for not touching your car with a spanner, I think its pretty safe to say that ANYONE who owns a starion would know how to fix most things themselves. If I have to explain my reasoning behind this answer I think its pretty safe to say you have never owned a starion.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

WANTSOM wrote:I like and back Oldies comments.... so 4gpwr put up or shut up. Anyone can say they're this or that and make wild claims about their cars but from what I've seen in my 48 years is that the people who "do" just get on and do and let the results speak. Those that dont just talk bullshit. So back up your comments with dyno sheets, lap times/ time slips and a pic of a Starion that you own would be nice. Then I'll take you seriously. Until then, sorry but your a clown.

Its just funny that for someone who lays claims to having been around a while with a Starion doing times and all that, a lot of the Melbourne people here who watch all things Starion with some interest dont seem to have ever heard or seen you in action or otherwise.
Pfft! As if you know anything about Starions... :P
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Everything I know I learnt from you (and wrote it all down on the back of a postage stamp.) LOL
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.