When will toysrus have his 400hp SOHC going???

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

starion007 wrote:I reckon you can do it Toys but it may turn out to be a hand grenade.
There's no way he can do it. He has a history of making absurd claims and then abandoning them - remember this is the guy who thought he could get his cordia to 330km/h: http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?t=4209
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

WANTSOM wrote:Toys,
But to put this all into perspective, the Group A Starions were doing 400 / 440Hp towards the end with the 11A Compressor wheel, stock t/B Injection and BP AvGas, correct ? Unless you say they were cheating ?
You have just shown what you dont know.

And no one was cheating. The cars were within the definition of the rules
If your implying there is something I don't know then yes possibly, I was only a bub around that time...... :roll:

But if you suggesting because they got 400+Hp from such a small Compressor wheel that I don't know what I'm doing, then your just as bad as myself with your results. :wink:

The 12A/B & G Compressor wheels were only designed around the 1985 era so I'm not sure if they used them or not and nor could I find the Official Group A Touring car rules anywhere either........
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Cookiemonster wrote:This thread has not dented Toyrus's credibility at all.

He had none to start with.

rofl rofl rofl rofl :beer
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

toysrus wrote: If your implying there is something I don't know then yes possibly, I was only a bub around that time
Still are.....
1983 JA Staz
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Brian please keep your threats/comments to yourself.
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

can anyone confirm that he is over 15 :D
1982 Ja single cam 4g63 342.6bhp @ the wheels full show car imaculate
1985 Jb Fully stock original imaculate
2005 Ford Transit Jumbo & 2008 transit mwb
2008 VW Caddy Maxi 2006 hiiace commuter
2010 Toyota pardon kakadu and 2011 hiiace
2010 and 2013 VW Crafter 50 OH
2012 GLX R triton
Noddy
Enthusiast

Post by Noddy »

This is great!!! - the history of the forum in 1 easy thread.... :D :D

Even the links to Rogercordia and old Toysrus......great reading, nothing on TV anyway :D :D
1985 JB - owned from new.
1986 JD - used to own one.......
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

It would appear that Toys avitar has made him as famous or as infamous?? as Roger
and is about to set a record for the number of pages of posts
Toys come on and admit you luv all the controversy your avitar has started :)
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

Theirs only one man that can change that aviator and that man is Deeks do it for Australia i know you can :D
2012 GLX R triton
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Nah leave it, I like the controversy too. It is funny as hell. :beer
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Noddy wrote:This is great!!! - the history of the forum in 1 easy thread.... :D :D

Even the links to Rogercordia and old Toysrus......great reading, nothing on TV anyway :D :D
This forum has a nice rich history, extending back to way before Toys showed up, or Roger infected the whole intertron.

Toys, your a pretty good source of amusement, get a damn car going already tho! ;).
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

toysrus wrote: But to put this all into perspective, the Group A Starions were doing 400 / 440Hp towards the end with the 11A Compressor wheel, stock t/B Injection and BP AvGas, correct ? Unless you say they were cheating ? :wink:
I dunno where these power figures come from but they keep getting better each year, lol. As far as I have researched the fastest recorded speed for a factory starion at bathurst was 269km/h (also the fastest car that year).. which was beaten by my dads starion as a privateer when he was clocked at 272km/h a few years later. That was faster than all the VL commodores at the time, so use that for comparison.

Avgas didn't last long, then they brought in Shell group A control fuel, unleaded 100 octane. This is the stuff that ate through rubber fuel hoses.

The groupA starion turbo's weren't standard, nobody seems to know where or what they've come from.. So it's safe to assume the touring cars had specials made. Nothing matches up with a standard Mitsubishi turbo, the back wheel is different, the shaft length is different, the housings are different. Dimensionally compliant with the rules but otherwise lots different. Not even ralliart knew about that. The rally guys thought they were running the same turbo's on the rally cars, but to everyone's surprise when we got hold of one of their spares it wasn't even close. One of the rally car groupA turbo's struggled to pull 1 bar boost on dads race car, compared to the 1.5 to 2 bar of the old bathurst turbo.

If you're running the 20g wheel then you're way way bigger than the groupA turbos already. But I'll guess you don't have an HKS block or head, which were also specials. No reason why it shouldn't work with standard stuff, but there is a big difference between building a race motor and a street motor. If you really wanted to get some astronomical power figure it wouldn't be all that difficult so long as you can keep fuel upto it. But I'm sure glad I'm not paying the bill to fix it if and when it melts something.
Last edited by flappa on Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

correct me if i'm wrong didn't Brad jones hold the recrd down conrod straight at 296km per hour and held this record for 11 years is this correct flappa?
2012 GLX R triton
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

Oh congratulations you know my name.... special soup for you....

I haven't made one threat unlike some.... and as you keep saying this is the 'general discussion area' I may say what I please.. A right you exercise far too much.
1983 JA Staz
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

not that I'm aware of... what year was that supposed to be? Fastest I've seen for a factory car was Brad Jones at 269 during qualy for 1986.

And with the longest diff allowed for the starion at 3.3 he would have been doing some massive revs to do that, dad was doing 7800 to get 272.