When will toysrus have his 400hp SOHC going???

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Glen GSR III wrote:being a pro flamer would sort of insinuate he's good at it when well, :roll:
Definitely not good at it. However he's a master of posting a :wink: after every sentence.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

WANTSOM wrote:If he's dialling in nitros and bigger turbos and not bothering to tell us then that might be different.
I've already said a few times, its a 20G Compressor wheel, BIG 16G Cover, 06 Turbine wheel and 080 Exhuast Housing. There's obviously a few other trick bits and pieces, but the Turbo will make the power and I've made sure everything else will flow it.
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Cookiemonster wrote:
Glen GSR III wrote:being a pro flamer would sort of insinuate he's good at it when well, :roll:
Definitely not good at it. However he's a master of posting a :wink: after every sentence.
Where have I flamed anyone ?

If you want to dish-shit out then be prepared to get some back and cop it on the chin like a real man drinking from the furry cup. :wink:
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

And no Nitrous, it's illegal and dangerous.....
digitalsko
I've been here before

Post by digitalsko »

seriously... i dont care what is said until the dyno print out is posted..
until then, we r just wasting time talkin bout it.
&toys..... change ya avatar :P
:beer
JB Starion - 2 tone Maroon/Silver, L300 MPI, KKR 430, Simmons, RX7 550cc, bosch 044 fuel pump..
194.7HP atw!!!
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

toysrus wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:If he's dialling in nitros and bigger turbos and not bothering to tell us then that might be different.
I've already said a few times, its a 20G Compressor wheel, BIG 16G Cover, 06 Turbine wheel and 080 Exhuast Housing. There's obviously a few other trick bits and pieces, but the Turbo will make the power and I've made sure everything else will flow it.
If you are relying on the US dyno figures then you will be extremely disappointed.

You will need 260+rwkw (not 225) to come close to 400HP@engine
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

A good Flamer always says " I haven't flamed anyone "
It's like kicking an ant hill... and running away!!

But Toy's ... you give good head, I mean Dash head!!!

rofl rofl rofl

A.

P.s To all the people that have complained about his Avatar, big mistake! he has locked that in forever. You should of said you love it!.
That way WE would of had a chance of getting rid of it!
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
silo
Enthusiast

Post by silo »

Love your avatar toys, :beer

:D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

NXTIME wrote:
toysrus wrote:
If you are relying on the US dyno figures then you will be extremely disappointed.

You will need 260+rwkw (not 225) to come close to 400HP@engine
The Big Differential is 8.5" correct ? A 9" Differential is known to cost about 55Hp at the Flywheel, so say 45Hp for the 8.5" ? Then you have the Gearbox / Brakes / Wheels, which should "just" account for the remaining 55Hp......

Drive train loss is not a % also, its exponential and tapers off 'flat' in terms of HP loss at a certain power level.

But to put this all into perspective, the Group A Starions were doing 400 / 440Hp towards the end with the 11A Compressor wheel, stock t/B Injection and BP AvGas, correct ? Unless you say they were cheating ? :wink:
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

On the GroupA , BP Av gas would give it a nice increase. Also in one of the "we were fast" Starion clips you briefly see under the bonnet and there is a fairly large polished turbo there. Doesnt look like a normal TC series turbo and looks to be a fair bit larger.

Also how long did the Group A motors last before needing rebuild?
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
Sigve_B
Big Dorifto

Post by Sigve_B »

One of the funny things about TOYSRUS is that i totaly ignores the fact that people is talking about his avatar, looks to me like his blind to this LOL But seriusly even i that have only been on the forum for 2 moths and barly can read or write english is getting kinda feed up with him :wtf:
vroooom pttshhh!! :D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Sigve_B wrote:One of the funny things about TOYSRUS is that i totaly ignores the fact that people is talking about his avatar, looks to me like his blind to this LOL But seriusly even i that have only been on the forum for 2 moths and barly can read or write english is getting kinda feed up with him :wtf:
This is the General Discussion Area......
A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
The Technical Area is free of the bullshit that goes on here. :wink:
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Maybe you need a little more sense of humor. This is fun, not annoying rofl
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Toys,
But to put this all into perspective, the Group A Starions were doing 400 / 440Hp towards the end with the 11A Compressor wheel, stock t/B Injection and BP AvGas, correct ? Unless you say they were cheating ?
You have just shown what you dont know.

And no one was cheating. The cars were within the definition of the rules
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
starion007
Big Dorifto

Post by starion007 »

I may be wrong about this but I remember Ron from coltspeed had a HKS motor with in excess of 350hp.(this was a very long time ago maybe 15yrs)

May have been out of his group A car.

I remember Ron telling me that the cam profile was so agressive in it that it was barely streetable. It wouldn,t get out of he driveway in his workshop.But ran close to 300kp/h down conrod straight.

I realise that things have changed and that components have become more efficient but the same problem still applies and that is getting high output from a small ci engine.

400hp has been made before from a 4g63 but he problem is longevity of the motor and drive train this can be over come with $$$.But for how long?

I reckon you can do it Toys but it may turn out to be a hand grenade.

Just my 2c worth.
:beer
THE QUEST , THE SEARCH
THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!!!