Austarion Club Stickers

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
4G63JET
Lil' Dorifto

Ohh dear

Post by 4G63JET »

Here we go.

Im not bagging out peoples work - good effort and thanks for taking the time to make them - but seriously they look kinda ugly, that starion font is not that nice when it says anything except STARION.

The starion looks 80s enough as it is - if anything. When I meant ricey, I ment that that writing is like a Rip off off the Starion font - any rip offs are considered rice to me, like when some idiot gets "RALLY // ART" written in the same font. I think the simple Austarion.com logo looks professional, clean and has a very meaningful look to it.

I dont wanna paste some 2 dimensional picture I can make with Paint with the words STARIONZ on the back of my car - itll make it look shit.

I guess its like the old argument of Who likes the TURBO sticker on the side - I for one shudder at starions that have that sticker on the side.
Get it to Wheelspin Uncontrollably, then add another 10 Pound boost
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Firstly, No one can tell you where to put the sticker. Secondly, it won't be "STARIONZ" unless you plan on moving to NZ.
I dont wanna paste some 2 dimensional picture I can make with Paint with the words STARIONZ on the back of my car - itll make it look shit.
Thirdly, by your above statement, you sound as if you hate the STARION sticker that is standard on the rear hatch cover on the Starion. You should remove it from your car then.
The starion looks 80s enough as it is - if anything. When I meant ricey, I ment that that writing is like a Rip off off the Starion font - any rip offs are considered rice to me, like when some idiot gets "RALLY // ART" written in the same font.

You mean like the stickers onthe back of your car? How can using the ORIGINAL Starion font and word be a rip off of the original font? That is a contradictory statement.
that starion font is not that nice when it says anything except STARION.
In case you haven't noticed, all that is being added is "AU" and an "S" mirrored to read as a "Z" in both versions. So I don't know what you are thinking there.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
4G63JET
Lil' Dorifto

Ahem

Post by 4G63JET »

Firstly, No one can tell you where to put the sticker. Secondly, it won't be "STARIONZ" unless you plan on moving to NZ.
WTF are you on about?

Thirdly, by your above statement, you sound as if you hate the STARION sticker that is standard on the rear hatch cover on the Starion. You should remove it from your car then.
Again WTF? I dont hate it, And I never said I did - I was talking about some 2 dimensional picture of a starion with AUSTARION written inside with the Starion font. Whats that got to do with me hating or removing the sticker?

You mean like the stickers onthe back of your car? How can using the ORIGINAL Starion font and word be a rip off of the original font? That is a contradictory statement.
UM it is a rip off - Its ADDING something to the word Starion (which has a exclusive font), therefore a rip off - its just like people ripping off Ralliart with Rallyart in the SAME font. It looks Cheap and shit and Much too tryhard.
that starion font is not that nice when it says anything except STARION.
Amen.

Please, just go to bed, its a bit late over there - your not thinking straight.
If you wanna put shopping lists,ugly stickers etc. all over your car - thats fine by me - I realllly couldnt be bothered at arguing over something so trivial.
Get it to Wheelspin Uncontrollably, then add another 10 Pound boost
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

I am also not a big fan of the original Starion font except for STARION.
The idea was to put up something that would create discussion, give people ideas to go on from, hence lots of options, different fonts etc.
If you look at the top of the page it has www.austarion.com in plain letters. A good start but not widely recognised as anything but letters in a row (no offense deeks) Part of the excercise (I think) is to come up with something that can be used all over the place, to brand pages etc as austarion ones.
There is also the issue of what the final product will be. I don't know if you know much about printing, vinyl cutting etc, but that all needs to be considered when designing something to be produced. Also, getting 2 x 10 off something made is twice as expensive as getting 20 off something made.
Anyway, keep flaming.. I mean discussing.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

By the way, does anybody have a copy of the font used for the turbo badge (the word turbo) ?? The R and B are a little wierd, and I can't find it anywhere ... yet

NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

If you wanna put shopping lists,ugly stickers etc. all over your car - thats fine by me - I realllly couldnt be bothered at arguing over something so trivial.
Who said anything about putting stickers all over cars? We are talking about one sticker that will represent this site and our Starions. My car does not have any stickers on it at all. Last time I saw it, your car is the one with "ricey" stickers all over it.

I'm not arguing, just discussing, which is the whole idea of this thread.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Hey all,

I just thought i would say somthing....

the designs i did i know are rough but thats all that can be done with those fonts as the source images and fonts are poor resolution.
I mainly only played with those fonts cause thats what people wanted to see...

I will make a few more designs not based on any original font and let me know....

By the way that full colour picture was not supposed to be an entry as a sticker, mainly just to show what can be done in 10mins.

Talk to you all later when i have some more designs :)
LxS
I love starions

Post by LxS »

Wow what a war we have started with stickers! :roll:

They are all just ideas anyway - everyones got their own opinion. I think everyone should make at least one, then we pick from a big batch.

BTW: Like deeks said earlier, how can it be StarionZ, as this site is austarion.com ? wont people get confused?
8 2 ' M i t s u b i s h i S t a r i o n W i d e b o d y
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

LxS, I think so too, I just think that this is the site and the name is austarion and to be affiliated with the club you use their sticker. No offense to NZ residents.

On another note the reason i have been sticking to no colours ie. black is because the vinyl cutting machine will not define multiple colours and if multiple colours are to be used they have to be done with more than one sticker of different colours. no offence Al, i love your designs the best, just letting people who don't realize whats involved.

Just so anyone dosn't flame the ass out of my for this... yes i know you can get multicoloured vinyl graphics...but they are anywhere between 3 to 5 times the cost and I don't think anyone wants to pay $30-$40 for a austarion sticker.

I hope i haven't stepped on anyones toes cause i love you all very much :lol:

Enjoy the conversation :)
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Yeah Ben, I know about multicolour. And they're a pain in tha ass to put on a car.

Another round perhaps? on the single line theme
LxS
I love starions

Post by LxS »

Hey Camotec, your not getting all mushy on us are you? :wink:

Arent all the islands around australia still considered Australian? (if we must get so technical) e.g. tasmania is still included right.

I dont think their should be a variant (no offense nz people!)
As Cam said, we love you all hahahah
LxS
I love starions

Post by LxS »

Al,

1 & 7 look horn!!! :D
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

LxS, Tasmania is a state of Australia. New Zealand is a different country altogther. We skipped geography class.. didn't we? :)
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Ahhh, near enough, the just say chups instead of chips.

LxS
I love starions

Post by LxS »

Tasmania is a state of Australia. New Zealand is a different country altogther
:shock:

No wonder why I failed geography! Too busy day dreaming.. :wink: