hi, new Starion owner

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
chiefbrody
[P] Plates

hi, new Starion owner

Post by chiefbrody »

Hi, just bought first Starion but I've been reading up on here for a while before buying.

I'm over in England, so doubt I'll make it to your meets and whatnot, but this seems a more active forum than starion.co.uk so maybe I'll be able to get more answers re techy questions (hopefully, if you're feeling friendly)

I was gonna stick a couple pics up of my new baby but I'm not on my PC so I can't at the mo. Suffice to say it looks much the same as most of yours but probably with more rust :)

It's a white 1988 EX (does that just mean European widebody?) pretty standard 'cept for the turbo (I'm told its a garrett T3 but I've not checked it out, I wouldnt know it from a hairdryer :)) and a powerflow stainless exhaust, and of course, the obligatory K&N.

Few niggles with it which I'll not go into just now, gonna search yer forums a bit and see if I can't find the answer first :)

Had a couple of minis, couple of Capris, and a MK1 MR2 before this so I'm not a total doofus, but this is first Turbo so do have a gap in my knowledge.

Danny
Last edited by chiefbrody on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

Hey ya dude,

I'm over in Ireland at the mo with an 88 EX as well so possibly a bit closer if you need a hand! Starion.co.uk is pretty dead huh! I'm sure you'll find what you need here and if not there are plenty of guru's willing to give advice.
Good luck and looking forward to pics.
chiefbrody
[P] Plates

Post by chiefbrody »

Cheers dude!

yeah, .co.uk is the quietest forum (can you call it a forum? More of a message board) I've ever seen. Tough over here to get help and advice really, lack of it on the net (I'm used to Minis and stuff = falling over websites with techy articles!!)

Coupla pics for ya. Some bits to do, and after reading some threads on here I'm sure the engine is just about to die...

NOTE = I had to take the angle grinder to that whole breeze block of a numberplate housing, hence the scruffy bumber and temp plate - need to take the thing off, fill and spray and stick something permanent on there :D

OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Welcome to Austarion Danny :beer Starions r an addiction & once u r hooked u need deep pockets LOL
I've had mine 4 app 15 years & I lvu it but my son (Guru ) is waiting 2 get his hands on it as he thinks that i'm getting 2 old & doddery :glare: & when I tell him that hs has a wile 2 wait his usual reply is "by the time that happens there wont be any petrol left" rofl (me not him )
Cheers
Rad
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

Looks good! Hard to find them without rust in europe, not too many left around I don't imagine. :beer
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Yep, looks the business! Engine looks like it needs work, but it's worth it in the end! Quick car and you'll love the turbo when she's in full flight!

There are heaps of tech style posts on here, make good use of the search button and if you can't find help here (I doubt it) there are a few quite active US forums too! :D
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
chiefbrody
[P] Plates

Post by chiefbrody »

cheers guys :D

Yeah, engine does need work. Doesnt run well when cold at all, and makes lots of strange clicking and whining noises :D But when I bought it, living on the rainy side of the world I valued a rust free body (or as rust free as poss) over a decent engine. Starting to regret that now, as I cant fathom out whats wrong with it :)

But hey ho, I'll keep searching, and if I dont find it, no doubt you'll see something in the technical section :D

Just misjudged a kerb in the car park today and scraped the front lip and pulled it off a bit :( bummer. So more work to do now :x
chiefbrody
[P] Plates

Post by chiefbrody »

Ok, this may sound stupid, but where is this search button?

Dont wanna post techy questions without searching first but I cant for the life of me find a search feature? :?
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Second menu down from the top of any forum page and on the left,

or you can use this: http://forums.austarion.com/search.php
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
chiefbrody
[P] Plates

Post by chiefbrody »

Interesting; it appears to be in much the same place as it always is on forums.

It wasnt there 5 mins ago :oops:

By the way, now that Ive found the joy of searching old posts I've come across some common themes... PMSL at this 'Roger' fella...
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

chiefbrody wrote:PMSL at this 'Roger' fella...
He was a colossal twat... still is in fact.
_

Post by Cookiemonster »

decoy wrote:
chiefbrody wrote:PMSL at this 'Roger' fella...
He was a colossal twat... still is in fact.
And always will be.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

That flooredit guy was interesting too wasn't he Greg?

Welcome aboard by the way.

You may also want to peruse the technical section for the engine manual etc.