What is a GSR-0 ???

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Firebrand
I like starions

What is a GSR-0 ???

Post by Firebrand »

(Woo...first post - greetings from Wellington)

I've been looking for a starion for a while and just noticed this one on trademe, but it's listed as a GSR-0 (and seems to have the decals to prove it). There's nothing on google about this model - does anyone know anything about it???

I'm not sure i have the cash at the moment, but i might be able to stretch if its something special.....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=81967217
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

Ahoy hoy, I'm in Wellington too. Hopefully the weather holds up for the Twenty20 tonight :D

I unearthed this spec sheet for the original jap models a few years ago and mrb1 translated it, but GSR-0 is nowhere to be seen:

I suspect that at some point it was owned by an enthusiast, who changed the front bar to the later style, and decided that none of the GSR-I/II/III/V/X/etc spec levels applied, so got the GSR-0 decal made up. It doesn't look stock I reckon.

If you don't mind an auto, this one lived around the corner from me and was in very nice condition. The auction has expired and he hasn't re-listed so he might have sold it elsewhere, but his number is in the auction comments http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=79604187
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

GSR -0 must be the deleted turbo version :wink:
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
Firebrand
I like starions

Post by Firebrand »

jrod82 wrote:Ahoy hoy, I'm in Wellington too. Hopefully the weather holds up for the Twenty20 tonight :D

I suspect that at some point it was owned by an enthusiast, who changed the front bar to the later style, and decided that none of the GSR-I/II/III/V/X/etc spec levels applied, so got the GSR-0 decal made up. It doesn't look stock I reckon.
yeah, defintely looking forward to the cricket :)

That makes sense about it being a custom made one, i wonder what else has been done to it...
jrod82 wrote: If you don't mind an auto, this one lived around the corner from me and was in very nice condition. The auction has expired and he hasn't re-listed so he might have sold it elsewhere, but his number is in the auction comments http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=79604187
yeah i was definitely tempted by that one, but i'm really looking for a manual, however its a very nice car... I assume you own the other white starion that floats around in Thorndon? I've seen it a few times on the way to visit my mum...
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

Firebrand wrote:I assume you own the other white starion that floats around in Thorndon? I've seen it a few times on the way to visit my mum...
Yeah, that's my $500 baby :) I put the late model front bar and pillar vents on it, she desperately needs a respray but I'd rather put the money into my widebody that lives with my parents. One day I'll get a garage and it'll be in Wellington, it's far too precious to sit on the road!
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

Hey, It's nice to see some another Wellington person on here. I wouldn't buy that one with no turbo on TradeMe. If your willing to wait long enough something much better will come up eventually, although you may need to increase your budget to $3k or so.
Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Mr Ralliart »

GSR , GSR-II , GSR-III , GSR-IV , GSR-V , GSR-X , GSR-VR . That was it for the JDM market with GSR's . There were other lesser models though .
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .

NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

That spec sheet is hell funny...

'Blonze glass', and 'Dorby NR' indeed!

rofl
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

GSR-0 is a modification the owner made to the sticker, it does not exist. The lowest turbo spec was the GSR-I.

It'll be either a GSR-II or a GSR-III. If its a III it'll either have a three tier stereo setup, or VELNAS. GSR-II had a pouch thing to put stuff in.

The 1982 Non Turbo was called the GX and was carb, ~80hp? Very few models, and despite many folk claiming their non-turbo starion was factory most turn out to be Sigma engine transplants, or people being cheap on repairs. I've only seen photos of one actual GX in NZ.

This car is non-turbo because the previous owner was a cheapass and had the turbo removed, so that car will be gutless as now, maybe 90hp?

Do not buy that car for more than $500, if you do I'll hunt you down and slap you.

And hello from wellington! I'm in Upper Hutt.

jrod82 - note in your spec sheet, it says the GSR-II did NOT come with mag wheels, told you those steelies were factory!
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Firebrand
I like starions

Post by Firebrand »

SpidersWeb wrote: Do not buy that car for more than $500, if you do I'll hunt you down and slap you.
haha..fair enough too - i'm keeping my eyes peeled for something a bit nicer...interesting stuff everyone has come up with though...