Going for a Roadworthy in QLD???

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
sriver killer
I like starions

Going for a Roadworthy in QLD???

Post by sriver killer »

aight,
does anyone know the rules in regards to going for a roadworthy?
like, are you allowed to drive your car to the roadworthy unregistered?
is there any online help in regards to this topic?

I just got done for driving the starion to a roadworthy inspection, massive fine man, still a bit unsure about it though...

ummmm, would I have to get a permit to tow it back home?.. ironically, it is parked on the side of the road 2 streets away from my house...

:(
after alot of ff cars, I think it is time for me to try a fr :O
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Not sure about QLD, but here in Victoria if you have an appointment you can drive the car! Ring the joint and ask, they should be able to tell you on the spot!

That's bullshit too by the way! :x
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

here you have to get an actualy day registration. You got done fair and square. Unfortunately.

You have to go into QLD transport and get the day registration (yes it costs you) and then you can drive it around all day to the variase places to get road worthy, ect.

Try QLD transport website for more information.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

chunkhead wrote:Not sure about QLD, but here in Victoria if you have an appointment you can drive the car! Ring the joint and ask, they should be able to tell you on the spot!
NOPE!
In Vic you need a temporary permit to drive. They are 7 or 30 days. To and from repair places only or to Vicroads. I would think it's exactly the same where you are.
sriver killer
I like starions

Post by sriver killer »

f@#@$k man,
my fine cost me more than my car :(
spud
Dorifto!

Post by spud »

I was under the impression that if you purchased CTP for that vehicle that you were allowed to drive it to roadworthy and then to Queensland Transport for rego.
....Thundercougarfalconbird
sriver killer
I like starions

Post by sriver killer »

nope,
i just came from the N.T and was told that you can just drive your car to a roadie...

you can in the n.t though, -_= I just got pwned
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Fight it then. Explain..... new state, different laws, thought you could do it cos you can in NT and see what happens. Unless you got busted doing a monster burnout at the same time. Tell them you were doing the speed limit and all things in your favour. The worst thing they can do is say tough and you pay the fine.
sriver killer
I like starions

Post by sriver killer »

I guess that i wil write them a letter
but if I take it to court and lose, which I think I will
magistrate can make me pay more...

and I have to pay the hourly rate for the cop who gave me the fine to be there XD

fark
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

You need a day pass in qld, cost something like $42 and that includes ctp. You could try to fight it, perhaps getting the roadworthy now will help you cause stating that the car was in a roadworthy state and was in the process of getting a roadworthy at the time the fine was issued. Also as alpos said stating that the previous state you lived in the rules allowed you to do so. Thats about all you can do really as unfortunately pleading ignorance doesnt work in the court of law, or in the sanction of marriage :(
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Alspos wrote:Fight it then. Explain..... new state, different laws, thought you could do it cos you can in NT and see what happens. Unless you got busted doing a monster burnout at the same time. Tell them you were doing the speed limit and all things in your favour. The worst thing they can do is say tough and you pay the fine.
FIGHT IT ALL THE WAY...

Just represent yourself and tell the truth... You will either get off or 1/2 ya fine...

Trust me.. I sat in court all day (my case with the last one to be heard for the day) and while I sat there all day and watched people get off fines and have them reduced all day...

I got off my $500 burn out fine. It was my word versus 2 cops that booked me, their sargent and a police prosecutor. I had no legal assistance what so ever. I had the 2 cops on the stand and was questioning them. I accused both of them or being liers. Judge agreed with me (after getting me to "rephrase" some of my questioning). Case dismissed. Didn't have to pay court costs or anything.

Fight it! :twisted:

if ya lose it is $50 for court costs... worth fighing if the fine is as big as the say it is..
1985 JB Starion #157
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

I'm pretty sure when i got mine done i couldn't get CTP without a roadworthy. But if you have insurance sorted, roadworthy and all the paperwork filled out and ready to be handed to the people at the transport dept then you don't have any problems.

I got pulled up by a copper after only the first corner out from the mechanics with all the paperwork sorted out already and he looked over it all very carefully let me go without any problems. And even so he reakoned that i still needed a permit to drive without rego even though i had all the insurance sorted properly and was driving down to the transport dept. Checked it out after he said that and QLD transport said differently. Many coppers don't even know the laws properly so it's worth finding out what the case is now.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

I'm pretty sure when i got mine done i couldn't get CTP without a roadworthy.
You can get CTP without a roadworthy provided you are going to get one soon - they'll give you CTP on that condition (try RACQ if you're getting the run-around - that's where I got it from last time). It's way more economical to take out 6 months CTP if you're getting the car registered than it is to get a days' worth.

You also can get away without an unregistered vehicle permit *provided* you have CTP cover and you're driving it directly to a registration or repair place and straight back (I checked this with Qld Transport). I have done this a couple of times - got pulled over once, but the cop seemed more interested in the car.. he thought it had a rotary in it - I told him that it was missing half the exhaust and I was going to get it fixed.. he seemed ok with that :P

The essential thing is CTP - if you don't have that, you're running some serious risk.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

I just did one about 3 months ago. I rang ahead, you don't need one as long as you are going to the roadworthy appointment, not anywhere else! That's Victoria only though!!!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
sriver killer
I like starions

Post by sriver killer »

crappage XD

well, I was driving on the way back from the roadworthy, i failed it :(
I had nothing, no third party :shock:
I was told by a mechanic that you could drive back and fourth to the roadworthy and back

the coppa did me for driving an unregistered vehicle,
and driving one without third party
didn;t touch my liscence because the offence didn't allow them to do that ..

so far, 480 bux in total,... which is about 55-60 trolley pushing hours depending how I get taxed...

fight it? or give up and pay :glare: ???