why you chose Starion ?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
starion4me
I've been here before

why...

Post by starion4me »

i seem to be a mitsi nut....im not sure how this came about.

My first car was a Galant 16L pillar less coupe - loved it
Upgraded to a cordia turbo - loved it
Upgraded to a starion GSR 3 red rocker intercooled - loved it

worked for mitsi in parts - yes realised early on that i would need plenty of parts hehehehehe

now im on my 3rd starion - widebody - love it

i just love the shape. the first one i saw in action was in the late 80's when Penti drove a group a starion in the New Zealand Rothmans Rally where i think it came second. One stage he drove through a cattle gate, reversed up and continued on. I thought - what a beast!
Chrysler Conquest (SOLD)
270.6 Kw (362 HP) @ the wheels
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

My old man had one, he had it tuned and tweaked by David Officer. This thing was eating everything on the road, including a very nice SLR Torana! When he got home after the race and opened the bonnet the turbo was cherry red!

The car had stuck in my mind for years after that. He sold it not long after as my little sister arrived and we needed a "family" car, he bought a Camira! I never forgave him! That was 1993.

About 3 years ago my car had blown an engine and I needed something to drive in the mean time! I found Austarion and was a proud Starion owner the next day! The rest as they say is history.

I'm addicted now, everything is "Starion" and I love that I drive a car that nobody knows what the hell it is! I get compliments everyday, and my car isn't in the best of shape! Most importantly, every morning I walk out to my car and look at it and say "Yeah... Nice car!"

I love it!!!! :beer
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

My brother bought it an auction cos it was turbo,cheap ($1000) and had 10 months rego he needed a daily driver while the vr4 was off the road. He brought it home i popped the hood and went cool! a rwd 4g63 we had no idea what it was so i googled it and hey presto i found bishiboys and the rest is history. :) i bought it of him 3 months later (it was just my luck that it was a jb with lsd hehehe)
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

I just love having an empty bank account... heaps of problems with it even tho i havent driven it in a year and a half... now if i rev it over 4000rpm all the lights flicker... also the injectors are clicking like crazy AND the turbo whines like a southern bogan bitch on bingo night
1983 JA Staz
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

Marc wrote:thanks guys.

so thats:

The Siege
Cannonball Run II
Cruel Intentions

anything else???

:D
One of the bonds with Timothy Dalton has a stazza in it, can't remember which one. It makes a couple of appearances.
And of course, there's one which is often parked on the side of the road in sienfeld (widebody)
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

Loved the look of a Starion when they first came out in 82.
I was 18 at the time and thought no more about it. I was into Mazda's and finished up turbocharging a Mazda 626. 18 Psi with water/methanol. Went like a rocket, too fast, brakes and steering could not handle it. I was going to die or get into a lot of trouble.
In 1992 I bought a JA, ( which I still drive ) because it was Turbocharged and "real" wheel drive. Now I have 4. Two of them I drive and the other 2 are spares. The TO-4 turbo I had in the Mazda is now in my JA. Iv'e had the same turbo for 21 years! ( I've re-built it 3 times ).

I think there is a Starion in the movie Ground Hog Day.

:beer
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

well my story is the whole cannonball run thing got my attention when i was a little whipper snapper, then in 96 my brother tony (mr ralliart) got his white JA on return from japan, then in 02 my other brother peter bought a silver JA that needed some work to build as a clubsprint/tarmac rally car, he ended up repainting it silver but then got engaged so decided to modify his MX5 for competition use instead, and i needed a car at the time so i bought it off him and got it on the road.

'tis now pearl orange and pretty crazy, its an awesome thing to drive, they truly are ahead of their time! i have spent over 15 grand on her and counting, i`ve rebuilt nearly every part of the car, know it inside out, have done over 100000k`s in it and love it. it has been supremely reliable as it is obviously well maintained!

i have since bought and sold 9 starions,including mr ralliarts white roll caged JA, and currently own 6, 2 of which are wrecks for parts to be sold to austarion members etc! i`m constantly buying starions, doing them up and selling em, keeping them alive on our roads, manufacturing new repoduction parts as well.

i`m selling the orange one soon, to make way for the JB thats in the panel shop as we speak! spending a similar amount on it, but with the benefit of experience will be MUCH faster and capable on the drift circuit.......

the funniest thing about starions is that when u AREN'T looking for one they`re everywhere, but if u need to find one in a hurry they`re no where to be seen!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

Always loved the shape, a family friend had a yellow one with cracked grey seats back in the day and i thought it was fantastic (i was about 13). Couldn't find one around when i finally got to the stage of buying a car - bought an ultra rare 1986 Mitsubishi Eterna VR with a manual box which had the sirius dash engine plonked sideways, driving the front wheels because i was always a fan of sigmas, then some dickhead stole it. It was a beast!! Decided that coupled with RWD that'd be the machine - and the disease was caught.
Marc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Marc »

redzone wrote: the funniest thing about starions is that when u AREN'T looking for one they`re everywhere, but if u need to find one in a hurry they`re no where to be seen!
lol so true! rofl
insane_clown
Big Dorifto

Post by insane_clown »

My next toy will be a Starion for these reasons :
1) I know the car mechanically after all the repairs done to my Scorpion.
2) I just need something else to pump money into
3) Have something that is off the road more than it is on
4) Something to have arguments about with the wife concerning reasons 1,2&3.
1981 Mitsubishi Scorpion Import
4G63 2.0Lt Turbo
L300 Intake Manifold 450cc Injectors
Microtech MTX-8 ECU