Tasmanian roll-call

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

good stuff mate sounds good :beer
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
avandulls_gal
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandulls_gal »

Avandull is texting an invite to another starion owner too.
SEND PICS FOR AUSTARION CALENDAR TO: austarion.calendar(at)gmail.com

(replace (at) with @, just avoiding spam)

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

cool who knew there were so many of us? :D
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
rodhamp
I like starions

Post by rodhamp »

Rainey wrote:Rod, are you the elusive northerner for this mate? If so, the attendees will be:

Avandull/Gal
Rodhamp
Mick
Rainey
shiftlockmotorsport2 *tentative*

If thats the case, then that would be a fair effort for the 'ol isle of Tas. Mick, I'll aim to be there at about 1:10pm. :beer
Guilty as charged Rainey... :wink: bringing the gf with me too. There's a dude here on the NW who is getting some pretty serious stuff done to his car so hopefully when he finally gets it done I could bring him and his car along for a future event...
1985 JB, 14.018 1/4 mile @ 162kph
avandull

Post by avandull »

I booked site no. 2 today. It is an undercover BBQ spot with enough parking for heaps of Starions.
Agatha the ugly Starion
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

yay!!! 4 starions for our first ever Tasmanian event!! I think that was pretty good. Pics are in the cruises and events Tassie meet (or whatever I called it) topic.

And I don't mind saying the pics are pretty good. :D :wink:

Thanks everyone for making it a good day and thanks to the weather for being fantastic and the BBQ for cooking our food and the nice ladies who donated their matches to help light it.

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
shiftlockmotorsport2
Big Dorifto

Post by shiftlockmotorsport2 »

BUMP!!!!!!!
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Good idea to bump the thread Nick. I want to bring the Stazza down to the workshop some time for a squizz and to catch up with you. Anyone going to the Drift tomorrow at Basky? I should be there with the Starion, but if its too wet I might take the Celica instead.
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

probably not. Staz isn't running anywho, due to gearbox 'issues'.

7th_skyline
[P] Plates

Post by 7th_skyline »

Well I'm on here occasionally too, I live in South Hobart. No starion, just a White HR31 Skyline GTS coupe.
I will have a Starion one day as I plan to be ahead of my time and collect anachronistic, boxy japanese sporty cars from the 80's :twisted:

I must have met Avandull a couple of times when I've been out at Baskerville with my corolla mad mate, Jonny.

In fact I'm in this photo, guy with buzz cut and goatee by the green pole, next to the man himself.

Cheers,
Mark
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Welcome back Mark.

Avandull I saw you in Supercheap the other day but I didn't bother interupting you, you were driving the ABC fourbie.

Took my Starion on a huge cruise up the midlands and down the East Coast yesterday, it was so much fun and I was able to dish a bit of chop to some younger and more modern cars too. The Starion's reliability suprised me as I watched the gauges like a hawk. Some other dudes got some pictures which I'll post up if there are any good ones.

Here's one... even if I am just a speck:

And another one, parked at Rosetta Rowing club (???)
STARI//ART
7th_skyline
[P] Plates

Post by 7th_skyline »

Rainey wrote:Welcome back Mark.

Avandull I saw you in Supercheap the other day but I didn't bother interupting you, you were driving the ABC fourbie.
Nah wasn't me man! ABC ? I must have an evil twin out there. First time I've ventured North of the flannel curtain lately was today.
Car looks good though mate.

Here's my car, sure, its not a starion but its still 80's, boxy, unreliable and turbocharged...

yes victorian plates, but thats in Hobart, long story...
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Na I was talking about Avandull (Alan) in Supercheap, the dude your standing next to. The GTS looks good Mark, I won't ask about the plates. :wink:
STARI//ART
7th_skyline
[P] Plates

Post by 7th_skyline »

Rainey wrote:Na I was talking about Avandull (Alan) in Supercheap, the dude your standing next to.
I'm 24, you'd think I'd be literate by now. Apparently not.
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Literacy is simply an added extra in this forum