Who likes motorbikes?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
evoJB
I like starions more

Who likes motorbikes?

Post by evoJB »

Hey guys just a thought for all who like to ride on the road out there. Just heard news this morning my boss who has been off for 2 weeks, apparent family issues, was actually in Intensive Care, in an induced Coma for the first week and a half. Got about 20 broken bones and no spleen, dont know if he will come back to work.
He was a really good rider with lots of track experience and looked up to by the others that ride at work as where they go for advice.
Doesn't mean shit.
You can be Valentino, it don't matter, some dumb shit will hit you no matter what.
Bear in mind your family and peers.
You can't fall off a car real easy, not saying a car is safe, but you got a better chance strapped in.
Starion Powered By EVO
220.5kw/atw
insane_clown
Big Dorifto

Post by insane_clown »

I lost my motorbike when some shelia rear ended me at a round about, her excuse was that she didn't see me. It was enought to write my bike off.

When I was on the bike when i did the right right thing i always nearly run off the road by cars. When I was doing the wrong things I was always safe from cars.

I'm not saying all car drivers are fucked it's just the ones who are in there own world are the problem.
Next bike I get will be a Buell, so they will hear me comming. :twisted:
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

who likes motorbikes???

not fucken me!!! :ugh
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
sanderman
[P] Plates

Post by sanderman »

Great way of culling the mentaly impared. Better known as temporary New Zealanders / Australians. Also known as mobile speed bumps.
Happiness is a tight Starion!
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

I've been riding since i was a bub. I can simply say that riding on the road is an insane thing to do, but i still do it. All my close calls have been from dumb ass motorists that are only looking out for cars, and Taxi drivers are bastards...and sorry for this one, but some asians down this area are fkn blind.
I used to ride an R1 which is one fo the fastest accelerating bikes you can ride and a top speed of arond 300. This seems a little dangerous, but the power has saved me plenty a time.
Last edited by flav on Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
crshbndct
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by crshbndct »

flav wrote:I've been riding since i was a bub. I can simply say that riding on the road is an insane thing to do, but i still do it. All my close calls have been from dumb ass motorists that are only looking out for cars, and Taxi drivers are bastards...and sorry for this one, but some asians down this area are fkn blind.
I ride an R1 which is one fo the fastest accelerating bikes you can ride and a top speed of arond 300. This seems a little dangerous, but the power has saved me plenty a time.
hot bike

is it 98 or 2k spec
3 Most Important Sayings of Motor Car Racing:
1)"To Finish First, First You Must Finish" - Jackie Stewart
2)"For Speed, Add Lightness" - Colin Chapman
3)"Hondas Are Gay" - Valentino Rossi
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

we gotta hit up a ride flav, come to adel.
_

Post by Chingrish »

whats with the bike-hating? we're all petrol heads and speed heads so everyone just relax. :) nice bike flav, the new 07 should be a hoot.

its always sad and sobering to hear stories like that, and i've heard plenty, been riding for the past 5 years and i love it, never thought i'd live without one ever again.

i USED to have an 02 model R1 till the beginning of this year. she was my dream ride, till some thieving bastards decided they liked my ride more than me. :cry:

I agree with the road dangers though, when i get another bike next year it'll be purely a track bike. theres too many idiots(in cars AND on bikes) out there to risk it these days. I'll just use my staz to tow the bikey. lol
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

I've been in a few WRX's, EVO's and GTR's that embarrass many bikes on the street...

Including Rob Barac's Evo 2 :D
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i'd like to see a car embarasccss a bike, maybe in ze hills but would have to bea top class car to beat somethingthat wighs abtou200kgs with about 200hp innit\

not saying it can't happen, jus i'd ;oike to be innit :XD
_

Post by ProZac »

You've been drinking, haven't you deeks?

My father rides, and many of my friends do. I have a couple of times, and think bikes are just friggin nuts. A shit load of fun, but you'd have to be insane to ride on every day on the road.

That being said, my primary form of transport in NZ is and has always been a pushbike... You have to be quite incredibly aware of whats going on around you to avoid being squished. Stupid fucking bimbo drivers talking on their phones in their big SUV's....

I had a lady drive into me very slowly one day... She was pulling off the road into a car-park, as i was cycling along the road. My pedal went into her hub-cap and smached it up quite nicely... She just fucking smiled and waved at me!? Gah... fucking stupid bitch.
evoJB
I like starions more

Post by evoJB »

no doubt heaps of fun and pretty hard to match speed, but no crumple zone, it's an attitude like some of the above that will land you in the same place. It's your decision to kill yourself, just don't have a family or friends if you want to ride a bike on the road, they all told you at one stage what would happen, now they have to live with it to.
Racing on a track is different, controlled environment, propper safety gear, no gutters, not constantly changing road surface, no useless drivers!
Starion Powered By EVO
220.5kw/atw
slowboy
[L] Plates

Post by slowboy »

Just because i ride a bike doesn't mean i have a deathwish... kind of the opposite really, i ride everyday and enjoy it. sure you have to expect everyone to be trying to kill you (regardless of what they drive) but at least you have a chance to do something about it. i cant handle driving a car in traffic anymore... you are jut sitting there boxed in waiting to be hit by some moron.
The main reason i ride.... i own a Starion!! as if i can ever rely on it to get me to work everyday!!! rofl

And just remember people die in cars everyday but nobody goes and tells all the other car drivers how dangerous cars are...

I say each to their own... :beer
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

Here's mine not quite as dangerous but still, when you're 3 inches from the ground even 80 Km/h is pretty fast

Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
crshbndct
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by crshbndct »

SIR GSR wrote:I've been in a few WRX's, EVO's and GTR's that embarrass many bikes on the street...

Including Rob Barac's Evo 2 :D
maybe 600's, probably twins

and all with probably more than teh cost of the bike in mods.
this is a zx10r with very minor mods. basically, muffler, adjusted standard adjustable suspension for better traction, and bgger rear sprocket. and thats it, less than $1000 in mods.

9.34@152mph

3 Most Important Sayings of Motor Car Racing:
1)"To Finish First, First You Must Finish" - Jackie Stewart
2)"For Speed, Add Lightness" - Colin Chapman
3)"Hondas Are Gay" - Valentino Rossi