Live For Speed - Starion-Like Cars

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Live For Speed - Starion-Like Cars

Post by Starion_Turbo »

I just downloaded and have been playing "Live For Speed" demo availiable on the net.
Doing the training levels I was supprised to see that 2 of the demo cars are extremely similar to the starion,
One claimed to be RWD N/A - looks like narrowbody aside from a few changes, the overall lines are there.
the second claimed turbocharged rwd - looks very widebody with the same changes.

If u decide to get this game, for most realistic handling set steering speed and return speed to 100 and also make steering keyboard - stabilised or it feels like u have greased tyres.

See below.

Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Bah you haven't played enough. You learn to race much better with non stabalised steering, you get to learn an incredible amount of throttle control especially in the rwd's, and drifting is no fun in a rwd with the stabalised steering (plus with non stabalised, it makes it really easy to show up all of your mates when tehy try to play, and they can't even take a corner).

I have a copy of the full version of s2. I might host a torrent of it if anyone is interested.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

how bigs the full game? i'd go a copy, could take a while on 56k tho
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Damn you starion turbo, you mentioning the game made me waste the last hr playing it. :D

The download is just over 120mb. It is S2 version Q, which is fairly recent. You can't play online with the full version of course, but all the cars and tracks are unlocked (as are the events).
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

you have a cracked version :(
$24 man, cmon
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Don't just talk about it...Post up links so that some of us can download it too...:D:D
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

just host the crack
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

We want hosts...We want hosts :beer
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

can get the game here its not full version, should be able to crack it or u can pay 24 pounds for it and get it unlocked.

http://www.liveforspeed.net/

The handling in this game is terribly exagerated, a real starion with 20 year old suspension could out handle this games physics, i've never seen a car slide so easily ever.
Chingrish
[L] Plates

Post by Chingrish »

Does anyone wanna help a poor hyper-stressed uni student relax by seeding this game on torrent? PRETTY PLEASE? :D with sugar on top? and lots of chocolat sprinkles?
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Damn...This is going to be a long night....8 hours just to download it :(
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

yes i am cheap :P cracks ftw.

no u cant just patch it, the demo file is actually smaller than the normal install and is missing car details and track details in game, you have to apply the unlocker crack to the full version as far as I have been able to tell (even if you could do a different version, you would have to find the exact demo version that it uses).

crack is only small so i'll host that and you guys can try it out for yourselves i guess.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

im not gonna preach, but to let you know, the reason i bought it was because the programming is done by only 1 person, music by another and art by a 3rd and thats almost the whole team and they charge like 12 pounds. And anyone who played it knows how good it is.

Its not a starion, theres only 2 licensed cars in the whole game, the f1 car and the formula SAE car, the rest are a hybrid or 2-3 cars from a simliar background/era/purpose.

the starion is mixed with a s4/5 rx7, theres also a mix of 911 and F360 in another car and vectra/something else in another etc.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

S2 liscenced member here, been playing for a few years. Awesome game. If your really interested get into some league racing, its pretty damn fun :).
Rainey
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Rainey »

Love the game! Paid my dosh and couldn't be happier with it. :beer
STARI//ART