Happy Birthday 2 Me

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
LxS
I love starions

Post by LxS »

Hmm I think i might end this post -

For those that are doubting the dyno print out and think my car is making a figure that is unrealistic - I really dont care..

I wanted to run it just for fun. It's nice to know where the car is at before you start spending money on it. Also a way to see $$$ vs. improved power etc.

Anyway, dont be so quick to judge.

LxS
8 2 ' M i t s u b i s h i S t a r i o n W i d e b o d y
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

Offence taken!!!
Does anyone remember our drive last year to Bathurst? I think I remember seeing a Motec brained car slipping away in my rear view mirror and that dash powered one didnt pose a threat either
I might remind a certain Creme Brulee making Chefman of a run down to wakefield prior to the Bathurst trip where a certain Motec brained Staz kicked the arse of a certain two toned JB. :) No offence meant of course. LOL

And as you have so rightly pointed out. Mine needs lowering. (Not good on the twists and turns of the Blue Mtns) also I had a passenger and despite a certain death wish at times that passenger is very, very precious to me! So I took care!

May I suggest a run round Lake George good sir???? With a bit of luck you may be making the Canberra trip sooner than expected. :wink:
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I can't beleive people don't beleive that all those mods could make an extra 20kw.

Min gain

Exhaust 5kw
Port & Polish, effect compunded by extra boost, 10kw
FMIC 5kw x extra 5 or so psi around 15kw

There's 30kw straight their - 30% = 20kw extra atw.........

These are guesses and maybe conservative in some cases so I can't say for sure but also can't deny it's not possible.

I know alot of people have had there own experiences, but unless they made sure they were getting 100kw atw with everything standard before they did any mods, then it's harder to fiqure out where any problems existed.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

Haha, hey, this thread has ended :D
Ford G6ET 458wkws
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

LxS wrote:Anyway, dont be so quick to judge.
I wasn't judging. I was voicing my opinion.

Well I tried to apologise. I guess from your reply you don't accept my apology. Thats fine.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Hey Dale,

You have that rx-7 that smoked it up that day didn't you?? I was there, twas a nice site :)
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Cookiemonster wrote:When everyone has their Starions going.
So does that day coincide with the blue moon and when hell freezes over? LOL

Happy Birthday LXS, seems to be alot of people with their birthdays in march on this forum, i had mine on the second.

Nice car you have and good results on the dyno, i believe the results are within, and that it only raises eyebrows of people is because others have spent so much money to covert to mpi to have not much in the way of gains, me included (gains that is, i only make 135kwatw after converting to mpi). The more I think about it, the main changes i made are different to lxs except for the mpi, so you can conclude that those wanting to mod their starions on a budget not worry about mpi until after doing, cooler, exhaust etc as the gains are greater for $$ spent.
LxS
I love starions

Post by LxS »

Well I tried to apologise. I guess from your reply you don't accept my apology. Thats fine.
As i just said cookie - dont be so quick to judge. You voiced your opinion I just voiced mine. At the end of the day i'm happy with my car and thats all i'm stating.

Would you really care if a bunch of people didnt like your car for an example?

No rudeness intended in my post, just making a point.
Chill :D
8 2 ' M i t s u b i s h i S t a r i o n W i d e b o d y
10sec_rx7
Newcomer

Post by 10sec_rx7 »

Camotec wrote:Hey Dale,

You have that rx-7 that smoked it up that day didn't you?? I was there, twas a nice site :)
that was me,

pitty the car was running like shit :( we didnt have a dyno then and it was just a quick road tune done on it

Dale
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

did you know that if you get 2 ppl to run on the rollers of the dyno you can get 1kw at the feet? :D
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
10sec_rx7
Newcomer

Post by 10sec_rx7 »

we have dyned a push bike, 1.5hp there abouts!