Howsafeisyourcar.com.au

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

LOL
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

they need to lay off the peace pipe. When a crx is safer than a starion, hell has frozen over. lol

I think I will have these guys do my cage though. I see so many side iompact accidentsd and roll overs deaths that could have been avoided if the car was built right in the first place.

Check out this side impact reinforment, nascar style :pimp
http://www.racetechfab.com/images/gallery/miata10.jpg
Last edited by airbats801 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

airbats801 wrote:they need to lay off the peace pipe. When a crx is safer than a starion, hell has frozen over. lol
Amen
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

I should have at least ‘crashed’ so many times in my old commuter shitbox cordia, but the worst it got was scratched / burnt paintwork. it won every scrap with other cars, gates, trees, roos, religious figures, members of parliament and clowns. it once ended up in the bushes 20m from the road, on the other side of 2 trees that weren’t wide enough for it to fit through :wtf: freaky..... so given the stazz can do everything..... AHEMMMMM..... EV-ER-RY-THANG! better than the cordia, (retorts not welcome), i would feel fairly confident of surviving most 'normal' accidents that happen on the road. who knows, it might still come out as the winner if a commercial jet where to hit it. but i doubt it. I'll let you all know how it goes up against the brittle terracotta of that pansy-arse garden gnome prime minister of ours. i found out where he walks to get lunch :twisted:

BTW, It seems crumple zones are bad it you get hit by a fast moving motorbike 'T-bone' style in the front doors of a lot of new -average- type cars. according to the article in RALPH. it seems the localised impact of a 200Kg pocket rocket going in excess of 150Kmph can stove the door in, push the floor down like its supposed to when hit and proceed to park right where you..... where..... sitting. comforting thought ay? I look at pics first, read article second, and i had to look long and hard to figure out what the hell was going on with the little red Honda in the photo....... it had a little white Honda sitting on the passenger and part driver seats, the driver seat was hanging out where the door should have been, scary part, the bike hit the passenger side. :shock:
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
quench
Newcomer

Post by quench »

flav wrote:I can vouch for the safety of a Starion on side impact. I do know that Maurie Quincey's wife did lose her life when the car hit an embankment and rolled onto its roof. Any one else know?
There was also the famous VFL (AFL) boss Jack Hamilton that died in the 1990 when he slid off a loose gravel bend and rolled it in his red Starion. RIP
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

the starion is the safest car period, how many 20 year old hondas preludes are still going around,,,, a shit that dont make sense....

did I say prelude I mean honda crx..

ah well
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
noodlez
Dorifto!

Post by noodlez »

starion : 1 roo : DNF
1990 4AGZE Toyota Corolla SECA CS (Toyota Trueno Supercharged Efi replacing the N/A Carby 4AFC)
1982 Mitsubishi JA Starion Turbo (Hi flowed T04, 3"exhaust from turbo, Race cam, Port and Polish, Fully rebuilt engine, Short shifter)
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

TD05 wrote:the starion is the safest car period, how many 20 year old hondas preludes are still going around,,,, a shit that dont make sense....

ah well
Hey man, I have a 18 year old Prelude that kicks ass!!! That car has more safety, gadgets and comfort that will shame most, if not all new cars!!! Comes with...
* 2.0L DOHC 4 cyl at 110kw
* 4WS
* Power windows, mirrors, sunroof, heated seats, cruise control
* A\C
* etc...
:D :D :D
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
Glenjo
Enthusiast

Post by Glenjo »

I can vouch for side impact with powerpole at 80km's, held up quite nicely.

Glynn if your reading this. FUCK YOU. You better not of crashed my other one.

That is all.
TD05

Post by TD05 »

chunkhead wrote:
TD05 wrote:the starion is the safest car period, how many 20 year old hondas preludes are still going around,,,, a shit that dont make sense....

ah well
Hey man, I have a 18 year old Prelude that kicks ass!!! That car has more safety, gadgets and comfort that will shame most, if not all new cars!!! Comes with...
* 2.0L DOHC 4 cyl at 110kw
* 4WS
* Power windows, mirrors, sunroof, heated seats, cruise control
* A\C
* etc...
:D :D :D

he he

yeah I know I have a Honda Jazz and that things has airbags and ABS that actually works so , the stazz is different though, its safety stems from the fact that people who CAN actually drive, drive them so they're safer than the average IMO
Kiss my st AZZ -
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

TD05 wrote: the stazz is different though, its safety stems from the fact that people who CAN actually drive, drive them so they're safer than the average IMO
Big call...

Am I the only one who's noticed the amount of Starions being bought by "P" platers recently? :?
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
TD05

Post by TD05 »

chunkhead wrote:
TD05 wrote: the stazz is different though, its safety stems from the fact that people who CAN actually drive, drive them so they're safer than the average IMO
Big call...

Am I the only one who's noticed the amount of Starions being bought by "P" platers recently? :?
and, mark my words, everyone one of those P'ers will be a better driver than any of those commonwhore or front wheel drivers, the stazz is an almost perfectly balanced sports car , and not TOO much power to get in trouble with....

just enough

:D :D :D :D
Kiss my st AZZ -
TD05

Post by TD05 »

flav wrote:Crumple zones are good, as long as your not in the crumple!
you mean the engine bay? :D
Kiss my st AZZ -
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Most other cars on the road now are designed with saftey in mind so when a staz hits another car it will rip straight through them leaving them with the horrific mess :wink:
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
TD05

Post by TD05 »

StazzyBabyYeah wrote:Most other cars on the road now are designed with saftey in mind so when a staz hits another car it will rip straight through them leaving them with the horrific mess :wink:
and the starion driver dead..... :D
Kiss my st AZZ -