Autosalon september

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Matt
Dorifto!

Autosalon september

Post by Matt »

is neone gonna put there car in the show
TWIMCAM BOY
I like starions more

Post by TWIMCAM BOY »

im goin in hopefully with two of my mates cars. But mainly for dyno dont really want to show as it needs some rims real bad!!!
GO HARD OR GO HOME
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

as starions dont quality its kinda hard to get one it, gotta be someone like gary (kitt) to pull that off
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

and even garry`s car wasn't eligible for judging coz its an 82 model and the cut off for auto salon is now 1988 (was 1986 til recently) but he was invited so really the only way to get your car in there if u aren`t invited is as part of a trade stand! garry`s car will be at brisbane auto salon again in october at this stage...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

what a load of crap!!

what about all the wicked old toyotas/mazdas/datsuns and MITSUBISHIS!

take out all the honda front wheel drive shit and there'd be plenty of room for proper cars.

garys car should be there regardless :beer
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

what about all the wicked old toyotas/mazdas/datsuns and MITSUBISHIS!
It's AutoSALON - think hairdressing and over-riced cars. I think it's good that they limit it to the later model imports with oversized chrome wheels so that the real cars don't have to be seen in the same place :)
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

sorry... you are so right :cry:
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

You gotta remember that most of the cars aren't ever driven and some can't be driven. Just look at that car with the engine covered in gold and shit like that, there was a electric turbo fan with the exhaust manifold covered in gold. Now how fast would the all drip off the first time the car is started.
Most of the cars are just plactic and fibreglass and they don't even worry about real springs just cut the originals and have the weight of all that fibreglass weigh the car down to lower it.
They have even had cars with apparant roll cages with padding over them are actually only pool noodles shaped to look like roll bars. Don't disgrace a car actually made of steel by putting it in an autosalon.
Try something actually worthwhile like a jamboree or a real car show like that.
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Might be there with Alita's car...Depending on if I have finished it all off by then...Otherwise next year....Or Jambo
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

There were a couple of nice cars at GCAS.

My mate had his Dad's M3 CSL there. It has 385mm 8 pot Brembos, Ohlins coil overs with external tanks, roll cage etc.

That car gives me a chubby just thinking about it. :)

Of course, it didn't get a trophy. A mechanically stock 1992 318i with a loud paint job and no springs won "top BMW". :LOL:

Phil
Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

DD Phil wrote: A mechanically stock 1992 318i with a loud paint job and no springs won "top BMW". :LOL:
Dat shiz soundz sick! Pics uleh! etc.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
digitalsko
I've been here before

Post by digitalsko »

well the rx3 that was next to gary's car went on the dyno even tho it was an older car. i think the guy said the engine had to be later than an 88 or 86 so the rx3 had an exception. maybe if u get a staz and put a new evo engine in it then they would use it on the dyno. can someone confirm this
JB Starion - 2 tone Maroon/Silver, L300 MPI, KKR 430, Simmons, RX7 550cc, bosch 044 fuel pump..
194.7HP atw!!!
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Stupid the way it all works out huh....??? :roll:

Never mind the car with all the real work done to it.
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

a little birdy told me they will be having an auto salon "old school" section soon. thats all i know at this stage!

but i agree TOTALLY on the jamboree thing, i`ve raced at every jamboree since 1997 and wouldn`t miss it for a family funeral!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

Any sydney peoples want to go for beers and pizza after auto salon in sept? I'm going down with some mates and it would be great to catch up with everyone while im down there.

I figure if we start organising now we should be able to get more people to go. :beer
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)