Big end bearings

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
mrcordial
I like starions more

Big end bearings

Post by mrcordial »

Hey guys, i'm in the middle of a rebuild and it's time for new bearings.

I was wondering what you guys have used in the past and recommend etc? I was going to use ACL bearings but they can't get them to me for 4 weeks and i need them a bit earlier then that.

So any suggestions and opinions/prices etc on engine bearings would be great. It's for a dash engine.

Thanks guys..
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

try www.meek.com.au get in touch with chris he should have bearings in stock or at least point you in the right direction in sydney if you need them soon.
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

I used King bearings in mine

Ash
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i use king`s in everything, try the listings 2 c if dash is same or not!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

ACL and Mitsubishi are on par with each other apparently when it comes to the G63/4 B & 4G63/4 B due to the material ACL use in those particular bearings. I was recommened to stay away from Clevites from a Crankshaft re-conditioner who has been in the game for 30 years and does most of the old V8 race crank preps here in S.A.

I've heard about King Bearings but never asked........clearances are just as important as Bearing choice :wink:
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D