Door Slamming

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Door Slamming

Post by Junkers »

Argh it happened again!

Does anyone find when they are in someone elses car they will slam the door hard as hell? I've gotten to used to those heavy doors :oops:

Just want to know if anyone else does it?
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

No, but when getting out of my Stazz, every man and his dog seems to "Throw" my passenger door out so hard it nearly takes it off the hinges!!! :x
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Can't say I slam any car door shut. Seems to happen everytime someone gets in and out of the Staz though....

It's not a good sound or feeling.
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Really? People who close my doors seem too not close it hard enough or have the seatbelt get stuck in the door.
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

chunkhead man I agree with you, passengers usually have no respect. My gf now leaves the door open for me to close 'cos she says "I can't do it right by you!!!" and storms off.

The truth is that the right was is not SLAMMING THE DOOR!
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Most people complain how heavy the doors are and forget that the seatbelts are in the door so i have to quickly move the seatbelt out of the way if its going to jam...

Then i get in my mums little plastic Diahatsu and almost rip the doors off because im so use to the Starion ones
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
JPC
almost postwhore

Post by JPC »

:wtf: ?

Most of the time I have to remind people not to slam the door in the Staz, including my wife and kids. If a window or the other door is slightly open, a gentle push will close the doors nicely, otherwise a slighly less gentle push. I'm forever having to lean across and stop the door from being slammed.

I can understand why people do it, though - most other cars need a decent push, but with doors on the Staz adjusted properly, you can be a 40kg weakling with bird flu and still close the door with a satisfying "thunk".
Starion nutter since 1988...
1983 JA, 1984 JA, 1985 JB (all rego'd, all running :D )
JD
I like starions

Post by JD »

most people in my car either slam the door for the hell of it or slam the seatbelt in the bloody door. What were they thinking putting the seatbelts in the doors.

Don't slam other car doors tho!
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

I didn't have handles on my passenger door for a little while, and people kept ripping the door trim off by pulling on it really hard to shut the door :glare:
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

That's about the time they got out and walked!!! :x

For Sale:
greenstaz82
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by greenstaz82 »

yeah u got to watch women around your starions they seem to cuase alot of damage . My Girlfriend opened my passenger door up into a tree 2 weeks after 8 months worth of a bare metal respray and left a nice dent in between the body lines . her excuse was that she didnt see the tree and wasnt aware of it being there , my response was, "its as round as a person and about ten foot high u cant fuckin miss it" !!! . :x
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

My GF opened the door in a car park as a BA falcon was coming into the space! Luckily the Falcon was in far enough to not allow the door to open very much or I could of lost my door! :x Did a nice little dent on the BA quarter panel though!!!

For Sale:
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

greenstaz82 wrote:yeah u got to watch women around your starions they seem to cuase alot of damage
rofl
Miss GSR
Big Dorifto

Post by Miss GSR »

No I hate it when people slam the door I dont do it the stazz or anyone else's car. The door is nearly half my weight and I dont need to slam it to make it shut.
Slippery when boosting!!