Shopping In Melb

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Flash
Dorifto!

Shopping In Melb

Post by Flash »

Hey all, would like to know where some good places to shop for bolt on mods for the starion in Melbourne.

Thanks
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Bolt-on mods! Thats funny.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Re: Shopping In Melb

Post by toysrus »

Flash wrote:Hey all, would like to know where some good places to shop for bolt on mods for the starion in Melbourne.

Thanks
Must be a joke LOL LOL
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
Flash
Dorifto!

Post by Flash »

Ahh no joke seeing as there is not too much here in adelaide. Im more or less after things such as a larger turbo kit.
Last edited by Flash on Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AXELR8
I love starions

Post by AXELR8 »

Way to help out a fellow starion owner. :roll:

The guy is just asking for the name of reputable shop to buy intercoolers, turbos, aftermarket computers etc from....

Have you tried ASE in adelaide?
Furness ave, edwardstown, i think

And Morpowa up north.... they know a lot about the 4g63, and the necessary parts you might be after... Ask to speak to Simon Podlewski
Flash
Dorifto!

Post by Flash »

Ill check them out.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Well, what exactly do you want Flash ?

No one has 'off-the shelf' gear for Starions except for Crow Cams and Clutch shops :wink: ....and even then, because the lack of aftermarket support, the prices reflect that and there is no great variance in them from place to place.

EVERYTHING else is built on order/request......

Best thing you can do is basic Engine maintenance, i.e. check all ECU Sensors, set Timing, check compression, Oil and coolant change along with possibly Coil, Leads and Spark Plugs.

Then Exhaust/Intercooler and Boost Controller along with an LSD.

He is asking about places in Melbourne Andy....... :P
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

How much power do you want ?

How much handling do you want ?

Give us an accurate answer to the two and we'll help you in your goals. A lot of the times the price differences for special parts from different shops is more than enough to pay for Postage and still save you a bundle along the way :wink:
AXELR8
I love starions

Post by AXELR8 »

Flash wrote:Ahh no joke seeing as there is not too much here in adelaide. Im more or less after things such as a larger turbo kit.
Better to look here first dont you think, toys?

Maybe he needed a lead or two to follow from home, that he/she didn't find already....

Then go looking in melbourne.....

It's ok, i understand toys...... Dec the 3rd is looming close, and your judgement is clouded....
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Hey come on guys this isn't boost cruising.

Hey Flash, theres a user on the forums called mrb1, he sells TD05H Big 16G turbo's (like off the evo 3's) for nearly half the price, these turbo's suit starions very well and might just be up your alley if your looking for a good 'bolt on' upgrade.
There are a few minor things like needing a new dump pipe and having to drill out the exhuast manifold holes (on the turbo), but all in all this would be one of the best/easiest options.

Hope that helps.
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

clouded judgement......possibly...how would you know when Enchanted is on anyhow ?? :D :D :D

Yes PM 'mrb1' here for an EvoIII Turbo and Braided Oil lines :drool:

Add an extra $500 for Dump-pipe and small bits and pieces you will figure out needing. Add an extra $200 or so if you get a Mechanic or the Exhaust shop to fit the Turbo on at the same time. Highly recommend you get/select a 'Crow camshaft' suited to the Turbo to get the most out of it also :beer

Would recommend fitting an Intercooler if your budget allows, I think those Hybrid copies are going for like $200 shipped from some of the Nissan Forums Group Buys, the shops here in Adelaide are still wanting $400 or there abouts for them so definately worth the extra time spent on waiting/organising the purchase.

Also ATS here in Adelaide is wanting $1600 for the EvoIII Turbo just to give you an idea on how much you'll save :wink:

If your serious though, spend the extra on getting the Bullseye Turbo with the 0.63 or something thereabouts Exhaust Housing A/R as this alone will give you a noticable gain over the EvoIII.

Also see if 'mrb1' can supply you with some 8:2:1 (??) stock Pistons for some nice Turbo spool up, but you will have to get these fitted with new rings and the Cylinders honed........

Would recommend you find a Split-pulse Exhuast manifold also later on and start saving for MPI (89-91 Hyundai 2.4L Sonata Intake Manifold) 'cause the EvoIII or Bullseye Turbo will outflow your Injectors after 15psi (dependant on Camshaft and Cylinder Head flow figures) ??
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

toysrus wrote:
Also see if 'mrb1' can supply you with some 8:2:1 (??) stock Pistons for some nice Turbo spool up, but you will have to get these fitted with new rings and the Cylinders honed........

Why not just shave the head?
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
AXELR8
I love starions

Post by AXELR8 »

StazzyBabyYeah wrote:
toysrus wrote:

Why not just shave the head?
How would a haircut help? Better aerodynamics maybe? :wink:
You think that's fast??? You got nothin' on Roger!!
Flash
Dorifto!

Post by Flash »

Thanks for the feedback guys.
mrmonk
Big Dorifto

shops in melb

Post by mrmonk »

if your looking for an intercooler goto AVO turbo in dandenong they sell nice cooler kits and a bigger turbo kit you should find there aswel...