Petrol prices

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

I had the privlidge a couple of years ago when i was at highschool to go to the BP refinery in brisbane once a week for school activities. Learnt a few things while there.
You all realise that the petrol companies already use processes to turn oil into petrol and visa versa. I think the process is called something like cracking. Basically they can cut hydrocarbon chains up and put them together again in whatever form they want. Also they use this i think to add more branches to the chains. So all you guys on gas and diesel watch out (especially diesel as it a heavier chain so they can make more petrol from it) as they may become more expensive.
By the way petrol companies make very little money from selling petrol. Where they make most of their money is in avaition fuel. When i was there they were also making a fair bit of money selling petrol to the US. Los Angelas had some anti-pollution laws brought in because of their really bad smog. They were able to sell low sulfur petrol to Los Angelas because they didn't have many places with the technology to make it then.
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

WTF?? dude, it comes out the spout thingy at the servo. pffft, hydrocarbon chains, is that like having multible nangs one after the other? :D
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

If you dont wanna loose power through a gas conversion run dedicated gas, not dual fuel. then get it tuned for gas and experience GAINS in power.

one thing to consider is that a car uses 20% more gas over petrol.

ps: gas is around the 55c /L mark.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
SOWTZ
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by SOWTZ »

Starion_Turbo wrote:If you dont wanna loose power through a gas conversion run dedicated gas, not dual fuel. then get it tuned for gas and experience GAINS in power.

yeah there some pretty quick car out there on gas, theres a VL that runs close to 10sec 1/4, he uses it as his daily driver too.
I have a car. I use it to drive to work, to drive to work I need petrol, petrol cost money, I must work to make this money… it’s a vicious cycle!
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

Starion_Turbo wrote:If you dont wanna loose power through a gas conversion run dedicated gas, not dual fuel. then get it tuned for gas and experience GAINS in power.

LPG has a RON of around 106 depending on manufacturer.

You should tune for 104 though.

Gas is 39.3 c/litre here.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

who's done the gas conversion, where would you put the gas cylinder, I'm interested, would you the stock injection?????
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

gas only conversions remove the petrol tank and put a gas one there.

gas is used at nearly twice the rate of petrol. gas tanks hold more becasue of pressure as well. but at the end of the day, LPG is a bi-product that was disposed of for many years, in theory the price of it should not really move. petrol stations raise it because everything else is going up, so why not make money!
1983 JA Staz