Japanese translator needed.......have some pics 4 u :P

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

DASH=Dual Action Super Head, thats what it stood for :)
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

oh right... so it can suck and fuck you? :P
1983 JA Staz
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

haha, na just twice the sucking, and only once you were up to speed.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

I would like to know what Mitsubishi was really thinking when they made the DASH motor, Is there any way that the Austarion group has enough clout to actually talk to them, and find out some more details?
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

why? its a cordia engine anyway
1983 JA Staz
AB

Post by AB »

Gutter_Rat wrote:why? its a cordia engine anyway
They put them in the Starion as well.... ??

Abalistic, what do you mean you want to know what they were thinking?
They wanted an engine with more power so they modified the sirius engine with the technologies that were avaliable at the time.

I think you would have a very hard time finding a Mitsubishi Engineer that was developing any engine at the start of the 80's, nearly 25 years ago now, let alone one that was working on this rather obscure engine. Word has it there have been a lot of lay offs and reshuffling since then, and the oldest workers are usually the ones to go first.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

I hope mitsu goes broke here... they make such shit cars.
1983 JA Staz
AB

Post by AB »

Ohh I see the problem here Gutter_Rat, your a forum troll arn't you?

Well, I guess every forum has to have at least one....
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

what?

no, i just think that FWD large family cars are stupid.
1983 JA Staz
AB

Post by AB »

Oh I see, so what you meant to say when you said:
I hope mitsu goes broke here... they make such shit cars.
You really just meant that you don't like FWD family sedans, I get you now....
So does that apply to all cars or just Mitsubishi ones?
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

having a commodore sized heavy Front wheel drive family sedan thats front wheel drive... get real. try towing our boat with a magna.

It applies to any manufacturer thats stupid enough to do it, subaru learned their lesson. Mitsubishi has almost gone broke many times because of their stupid front wheel drive idea. fancy having the most powerful V6 in aust powering a front wheel drive. If they were all awd it wouldnt be a problem.
1983 JA Staz
AB

Post by AB »

I would say it is because for the 99% of the worlds car owning population that only own cars for transport, front wheel drive works just fine. For that other 1% that use their car for racing, towing, off roading etc etc there are plenty of other cars that are purposely built for that.

If you buy a Galant Eterna, chances are your buying it to cart your family around in and it works very well at doing what it was designed to do, transport people, not race, not tow, not fly to the moon.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

Mate, alot of familys tow stuff. like 50% of the population over here.

Ever moved house by yourself? ever had to get some dirt from the garden centre? ever had to pick up a engine block? ever worked in trade industry? ever taken anything to the dump? etc.
1983 JA Staz
AB

Post by AB »

Alright, but how many people in Japan tow stuff? That is where the people designing the cars live and that is the conditions they are designing the car for.

Australia/New Zealand probably do a lot more towing per car then most other countries, but these countries make up only a small proportion of total sales for these cars. I bet you'd find a much lower towing population in Asia, America and Europe.

But still, if it's only 200 odd kg's your hauling (i.e. dirt, small furniture, rubbish, engine block (not that you'd put that in the back of your family car or that the average owner would be doing that)) that's the weight of three people, or two fat ones, which a family sedan will handle no worries.

Anyone in the trade industry would have a car/van/truck made for the purpose, not a family sedan.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

You obviously dont know anyone in the trade industry. I know many and guess what, only one owns a magna stationwagon and hes getting rid of it, the rest use commodore wagons.

The Mitsubishi Australian Magna is designed in Australia, so that blows that whole sentance out of the water.

Now, I am taking about Australian conditions, not Japan, so dont start that, I am talking about cars they make and sell here and expect them to compete well against cars that are designed much better and are more cost effective and useful to the average family of 4.

Many people I know have a boat and/or tralier and use it on a regular basis. Hell, I tow a tralier every now and again to do things to help mates out who dont have traliers.

It may not be the case in NZ but over here we definatly have a need for towing and many people use their cars for such every day.
1983 JA Staz