Is this our Ben ???? hmmmm!!

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Ok here we go. This forum has been way to quiet for a while now and I guess my post has stirred the nest so in the interest of "interesting" reading I'll fire off a salvo in my defence -

Ben I have no personal issue either its just that with respect you represented something as bigger or better than it was. Your Starion was a good car but it was road registered, didnt have log books and really it just sounded like a bit of a brag the way I read it. "Oh, I had a race car" - the comment was superflous.

And really what difference does it make to them anyway as a first timer. Why not just go quietly on their forum and ask the question you did. The guys gave intelligent replies and I doubt half of them would care what a Starion was even if they knew.

In reply to your comments about my own efforts -

2 years of hard work and frustration is the only reason I havent been out yet with the car. In fact it hit the track on Monday for the first shakedown. Ask the people who have followed my progress with this car, not being there at the track hasnt been for want of trying. A lesser person would have given this project up as bad joke 12 months ago.

In the meantime as well as putting that together, Maries car has been extensively modded to include L300, Motec, intercooler, Split pulse exhaust, shocks and springs, which has all had to be sourced, paid for and fitted, so I havent been exactly quiet on the car front.

Yet you challenge me with a comment that I havent been at the track, bit bloody hard Ben when you build a car from scratch rather than just strip out a car already going, tuned and registered and just drive it there. And maintain a daily driver Starion as well.

Cheers :beer
Greg
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Greg, I will do this in order.

I didn't say Oh i have a starion, i was talking about brakes and mentioned that my race car/ track car whichever you prefer has never experienced this type of issue. I want not trying to brag or make somthing bigger than it was. I am sorry you read it that way. if anything at all it may have been a miss wording on my part. In saying that all i meant by "RACE" was that i race with it at the track etc.

I see I hit a nerve with "you don't make it to the track", hurts dosen't it when people accuse who don't know the whole truth, misunderstand or have a different point of view. I realize you have spent much time and effort on your car and you get full credits for that.

My car was a far cry from the last time you saw it anyways, which the last time you saw it I had only owned it for about a month and hadn't done anything at all to it. And for your info i didn't just strip out my car, i had the motor rebuilt and had a myriad of other mods made to the car and was getting to the track on a regular basis to drive it. I would have spent well over 12k on that car and it didn't look anything special. not big noting either but its not like I just slapped on a set of rims.

I am sorry for saying the word "Race" but who polices this cause you know as far as I knew a race car was a car used at a race track.
sorry to all I offended by using the word "Race" maybe we should add a censorship thats changes it to *bum* instead, to save people who say it in future.

I want to say sorry to greg if I hurt your feelings (i am NOT being sarcastic) but I don't believe I was being fairly treated either.
And I can't wait for you to get out on the track.

Cheers.
Ben
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

Oh dear.... I made an immature statement and sent the forum flying.

sorry guys seems like abit of a discussion is needed between you 2
1983 JA Staz
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

LOL I have a RACE CAR! LOL It will pooh on you all! Street, Strip, Drift Whatever!

I had a log book (owners maintennance), racing rego (illegal street racing)
It has stickers like most race cars.

I have done a pooh load in modifying it too. I rebuilt the turbo (huge modification), new clutch, LSD (myself), turned up boost , new tyres.
All mods carried out by previous owner, I just get mechanic to maintain and tweak. I have fitted new ICE though
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

LOL, always count on Scum and Gadget :D
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

toysrus wrote:hehe, all we need now is MrBishi to comment on how FWD's are not meant to be quicker than RWDs' and that should end the whole argument :D
rofl
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

i have a widebody space car, thats right, space, its better than race coz you spend just as much money on it and all it does is take up space. dang im cool.
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

FWD's are not meant to be quicker than RWDs' and that should end the whole argument.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

i have a space car....cause thats what its doing taking up space!!
Camotec
didn't main any thing dude just screwing around
I'm Back
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

aaaaaaaaaahahahahaha
1983 JA Staz
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Gotrice none taken :beer
I have sent an apology to Wantsom. never meant for it to blow out.

I have a *bum* car :wtf:

Cheers
Ben
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

hey, its a good daily driver dude.

Just get yourself a decent weekender and the bullshit will dissipate
1983 JA Staz
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

i dont think our ben will settle for just 'decent' ;)
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

from memory he is getting an r32 gtr...how is that coming along ben?
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

thats not decent!

No nissans ever decent!!! ever!!!!!!!!!
1983 JA Staz