Starion Prices

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Mate! Do the Staz up!

If your going to get a 300ZX at least get 89 upwards... The others are abit av compared to the new ones.. I got me one too! Its very Stazz like, just heavier..but lushhh to drive.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I was told to stay away from 300ZX's due to there twin turbo prediciment and piping problems (turbo side of things) anyhoo if one were to go for a 300ZX i was told the best you could get were the two seaters with the fuel cap on the door side of the wheel arch apparently there better according to word of mouth but naturally harder to find
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

I service 300's as well as a few other cars..... TT's along with any of the 300 series are a brilliant car, Provided they are serviced and maintained. Its the ones that are bought 'cheap' that are the dogs which give all the others a bad name. If you dont change the oil they WILL become dogs. But we know that as it's the same with Starions. So look after your cars and they will look after you. Common sense!
The 2 seater is actually a shorter car, and marginally better for a 'performance' oriented point of view,but this is arguable as well.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i've heard bad things about the turbo one as well :( never knew they had the seatbelts in the doors as well tho!
_

Post by CussCuss »

cliffs on z32 300zx's

Heavy. GT not a little sports car, plenty of grunt
Cramped engine bay, 2 turbos, lots of heat, potential for problems if not looked after.
MASSIVE parts cost.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Just like a bloody starion.......!

It's a buy/comply/reg and sell project but if it turns out nice i may keep it for a while... I have worked on these shitters plenty, and they aint too bad. But like i said..u gotta look after them. Same goes with anything but if you think it is an expensive car to replace parts on you should try owning a Saab. I had a 9000cd and baby it was a lush car, but when it hit 330,000km it started to fall appart and these are totally engineered like a plane. Try $3500 for a brake master/booster/abs unit thats all in one. Goodbye Saab!
Powerslave
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Powerslave »

flav wrote: these are totally engineered like a plane.
That's because they manufacture jet fighters (SAAB VIGGEN was a jet fighter from back in the late 70's). The car parts are probably from the same factory , hence the cost
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

...yeah, always wondered what would happen if i hit that Eject button.
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

[quote="Gutter_Rat"]well well.. i dont know

Im just gonna enlist some help from starion lovers when i go to look at the cars i look at, then get them inspected. Im definatly gonna get a starion the question is can i get a decent one for my money, i mean a 8000 buck starion should have at the very least a totally rebuilt engine, immac inside and out and new tires +3 months rego and some mags on it.

If you want an $8000 dollar Starion, then just go out and buy one, most people that have a Starion with the specifications that you want are not going to sell it!
:wink:
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

I boughts me a pretty stock Stazz with some slight problems, but generally in G\C! Body was immaculate, but is now trashed as every wanker in Victoria crashes into it, remember my rear bumper story? Well the front bar is now damaged as a taxi reversed into it, but I got him and he's paying for a repair\respray! Anyway, Paid $3000, engine shit itself, $1000 refund, car running again (Cheers Chris), spent about $2000 on suspension and steering (Stock) and new clutch etc. so we'll say about $4000! Spent about $1000 on parts, new engine, MPI etc. Now... the fun part, to get it up to what I want, on top of what I've already spent, current price is $19995! Admittedly, it will be schmick but fark, that's a lot of cash! I'm looking at about 225-40rwkw! So... moral is, don't be naive in thinking you can just go out and buy a top class machine for stuff all money! Reminds me of all these wankers that their mummies and daddys have bought them a GTS Skyline or a WRX for their 18th birthday! I'm not having a go at you Gutter Rat, but you''l be dreaming to get a decent stazz at $8000! :wink:
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

you have a good chance on finding a quick starion for 8k... dont know about having a immaculate body as well.. you cant have the cake an eat it too.. but you will never in your wildest dreams build one for 8k...
but hey ill sell you my starion for 8 k...
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

I got mine for $500 with a free crowbar too!

Although I should add that I spent $5000 on the Starion in the garage that is now being stripped for parts, and have $4000 lined up for the $500 car to get a new paintjob and some other bits.

Starions aren't as cheap as youd think :S

Run while you still can!
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
StarJunk
Thorpie says it's fully sick

Indeed

Post by StarJunk »

I've spent about 15k on mine over the time I've had it.... and although all my mods are as legal as can be, I didn't fork out for a certificate....
If someone came up to me and offered me somewhere between 8 and 10 k for mine, I'd have to seriously consider it, even though I love it and don't want to part with it..... got other priorities these days and don't get to drive it as often as I'd like.
It's pretty schmick inside and out too, just don't look too hard under the bonnet - needs a toothbrush job to get that up to scratch... Most ppl don't notice it however, cos they're blinded by the bling of the cooler piping.... :)
Hahahaha.... 200rwkw??? I wish. working on it.