Starion Insurance ??

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
glutonous gloop
I like starions

Post by glutonous gloop »

So Just Cars sounds promising for our worked Starions.

Cuss Cuss or Gadget can you give an indicative on the policy premium($) ? I expect you pay for the privilege. Guess it might depend on your age location as well.

Are you aware if they provide for Full comprehensive and Third Party policies ?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Just Car does full comprehensive and third party (normal as well as fire and theft).

I currently have third party fire n theft, so to give you an idea of how much it costs, im a 19 yr old driver with no accident record and a 20% NCB and 3rd party costs me $800 a year.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

$800 for third party :shock:
glutonous gloop
I like starions

And I was only 19 !
shite my sentiments exactly Al :shock: :wtf:

That's more than double my dodgy RACV Third party policy albeit I do have a few years up on you, I'll just have to give 'em a call
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

I am 19. No "reported" accident history. I pay $618/year for 3rd party property, fire and theft. If I wanted to get full comp it cost $2500/year

My bro had a quote for his VT commodore lowered and body kit. They asked where abouts will the vehicle be garaged at night. If it in my suburb it was like $80 more than his girlfriends place. :wtf: My suburb has the reputation of being a bit of a hole but I like it.
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

$568 for third party property, no fire and theft yet, it will go on next renewal.

21yo. 20% ncb but that doesnt affect the third party, they wanted around $2200 for a 19 year old no NCB last time i checked.
glutonous gloop
I like starions

Thanks guys, this makes for interesting reading. For the record, and seeing as we're disclosing, my RACV policy is $324 per year for Third party Fire & Theft BUT without modifications permitted.

It appears Just Cars is leading the race for now as insurer to accept the gammit of popular Starion mods. Btw I'm in my mid 30s with NO accident history.

It would be great to get a wider mix of what's on offer from the rest of the membership - if it can save us $$ it's got to be a good thing.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

I just got a quote from Just Cars. $585 TP, F & T. With strut brace, intercooler, etc..... Wheels not covered under the policy though. 15+ years driving, no accidents lately etc....

Legalised robbery :glare:
glutonous gloop
I like starions

$585 for Third Party F&T sounds steep for a 30 something with your history with modest modifications.

Al, when you say the wheels aren't covered, does that mean they wont give you a policy with modified wheels OR that they wont cover the theft/fire damage for the wheels.

btw I've sent off for a Just Cars quote from their online submission page

btw2 I'm curious how you can select from this massive list of modifications and then they make the comment it has to be legal and roadworthy
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Yes, just a little steep. Hence not giving them any money.

Not covered for theft. About the only thing on the car worth taking......
glutonous gloop
I like starions

Just had an electronic quote returned from JustCars.

Third Party Only $321
Third Party Fire & Theft $571

Again, this is based on mid 30s rating 1 with the following mods advised:

Alloy Wheels
New Computer/ECU
Air Filter Changes
Different Inlet Manifold / Injectors (From Mitsubishi L300 1990)
Boost Controller
Sports Steering Wheel
Exhaust modifications

Think that's about it.

Think the Third Party Only is quite reasonable, covers to $5million. Particularly considering RACV wont insure our Starion modifications full stop.
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

I've got Shannons comprehensive - all mods are covered - wheels, the interior retrim, the engine work & ecu etc etc etc. My premium is around 1k a year - for sydney (over 25 drivers, max NCB, locked in a garage, less than 8000ks a year). All the people I've spoken to there are enthusiasts and ask about the car out of interest - not to screw you out of more money.

Your car does need to be special/modified though - a friend tried insuring her car with just big wheels and they said no.
glutonous gloop
I like starions

Just cancelled my RACV policy and now with Just Cars - definitely seem more friendly towards modifications - just hope it stays that way when it counts