Are any of you guys collectors?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
UltimateLurker
Big Dorifto

Are any of you guys collectors?

Post by UltimateLurker »

I've been collecting Starion stuff for some time now, I try to keep it under control, but every once in a while...lol.

I've got a lot of brochures...

'86 US Conquest TSi
'86 US Starion ESiR
'87 US Conquest TSi
'87 US Starion ESiR
'87 UK Starion 2000
'88 US Conquest TSi
'88 US Starion ESiR
'88 German Starion EX
'88 Netherlands Starion EX
'88 JDM Starion GSR-VR 2600
'89 US Conquest TSi
'89 German Starion EX
'89 Netherlands Starion EX
'89 UK Starion 2.6

(All Widebodies, I sold all my Flatty brochures)

Then I've got other stuff, like an '87 TSi cassette that came with the car to explain its options/features. A few '87 Chrysler Conquest TSi promotional photo's. Some '86-'89 Mitsubishi internal documents, a few window stickers, an OEM conquest front sticker, blah, blah, blah.

Do any of you do this?
UL (The Encyclopedia Starquestica)

bshade
[P] Plates

Post by bshade »

I would like to collect stuff like that. Do you sell any items, I would be interested in the 89 us conquest TSI book. Where did you find all
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSI Electric Blue wrecked, 1989 Chrysler conquest TSI R04 red RIP, 1989 Chrysler Conquest TSI Black and Tan MPI set up, 1988 Firebird Trans AM, 1987 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z, 1987 BMW 325is, 1978 Dodge RamCharger
14.133 @ 96.8 W/ 1.881 60ft
UltimateLurker
Big Dorifto

Post by UltimateLurker »

Most of it came from Ebay, but back in '93 when I was writing a little book on the SQ Twins (for my own information) I contacted MMA and CHF for info and they sent me a bunch of stuff as well :).

Keep an eye out on Ebay for the '89 USA brochure, it's not hard to find really. The JDM Widebody brochures are the hardest to get.

StarJunk
Thorpie says it's fully sick

YES

Post by StarJunk »

I am a mad collector of Starion stuff. My prized posessions are a 1982 Dealer Poster, a Mitsubishi boxed Diecast Diapet Starion, and a 4WD Rally starion brochure! I have a lot of German, dutch, aussie, US and UK brochures also. And a couple of Japanese ones. I also have pretty much every Starion model ever made (Plastic, diecast etc), except for the french Jemmpy Resin ones. Everything from Choro-Q Penny racers, to chinese ripoffs thereof, most of the Tomica Starions including the latest Limited GSR-X one, a couple of Diapets in different scales, and an impossible to find tiny true scale chinese pullback model, which even dedicated Mitsu collectors i've spoken to, have never come across. But this hobby started to get expensive, and I haven't acquired any new memorabilia for a couple of years now. Anyone wanna buy my collection? I need the money! :? There's a couple of items I could not part with though, and I can't see anyone being willing to pay what the collection is worth. I almost fell over when I saw the #10 Tomica Rally starion model that I have, on ebay a couple of months ago for several hundred dollars!
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Hey Junkie, thats not a hobby thats an obsession. I bet you cried the day they stopped production of the Starion. :D
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Was junkie even born then? :D:D:D
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Too bad there isn't a Jap Spec '88 or '87 Widebody. And besides, I already have a poster of a red one.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

I was lucky enough to come accross 2 wheels magazines dated may 82 and september 84 featuring starions on front page and articles inside including pre-release information.

hoping to upload this to web page soon.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

There is a substantial collection of Starion information and articles on Beyond The Limit's site:

http://www.beyondthelimit.com.au/archives.html

I also have a small collection of articles featuring review's as well as modified Starions, but they aren't uploaded anywhere.

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

We've got a few diecast and plastic models, some early 80's car magazines, a couple of owners manuals and of course 2 starions :wink:
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

That would be 3 unique owners manuals. JA, JB and JD!! :D
UltimateLurker
Big Dorifto

Post by UltimateLurker »

You model guys, what the heck is this?

Never seen one for sale, but boy I'd like to have one!!!!!!!!!

Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

UltimateLurker wrote:You model guys, what the heck is this?

You got the next best thing... a picture of one. :)
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

UltimateLurker wrote:You model guys, what the heck is this?

And one for me! Anyone know where to get one?? Will be the next best thing to owning a real one :D

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
UltimateLurker
Big Dorifto

Post by UltimateLurker »

I think it's an RC car that's converted, I have a pic of an RC that looks similar, let me see if I can find it...