another mitsu 4cyl nut

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
quest
I love starions

another mitsu 4cyl nut

Post by quest »

hello, from the west.... and an introduction sort of
Hanging from the rafters for a long time at bishiboys. Good info.
I have been playing around with these 4g63 motors for quite sometime. We fortunately import both the us 2.6 and non us 2.0 versions.
2.6 has proven quite a capable powerplant so I'll keep modifying that in my starion/conquest. We have both, but I prefer the flatsides.
I also have a ae86 corolla hatch dohc 4g63 project car (vr4 to u guys). There is no denying what monsters they are - stock unopened 100,000+ mile motors often make 400+ hp to the wheels on stock ecu. Pretty common in the us. There is tons of info on the forums with proven combinations. The 2.4L mitsu block with the dohc has caught on too - 520whp/520wtq, and they don't cost much to build if u do your homework.
My favorite is the sohc 2.0L, and I've done a few installs in the older rwd toyota corollas (another favorite). At 2200 lbs, even with mild mods they are pretty quick. Luv 'em! I'll modify the current 4g/toy all out, based on great mpfi conversion info gathered from u guys.
Right now, I'll concentrate on getting this motor to pull strong to 7000rpm. Like many here, I have confidence that the sohc can be a beast after the "right" mods.... we'll see
later
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i've heard a bit about the 2.4L mitsu block with the dohc. i think someone was building one up here for their staz. havn't heard about it since tho. welcome to austar btw :P
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

4G64, as found in the 2.4 L300 :D

Handy because they have the already modified VR4 throttle body needed for VR4 / Starion conversions.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Chris Collier has been building one for a while. I don't know if it has been finished yet. There are a few others who are currently doing this conversion also. In the us, plenty of Mitsu AWD cars have had this conversion done with great success.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

from the US hu? well, ive only got one thing to say mr-my-gearbox-bolts-straight-onto-a-vr4, :cry: WHY DOSENT MINE!?!?! :cry: ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.