New guy checking in...

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
UltimateLurker
Big Dorifto

Post by UltimateLurker »

Here you go mrb1...

Sorry the dyno plot looks so bad, the guy's printer was running out of ink, and I really needed to go. I put it in Photoshop to enhance the color/saturation and contrast so it would at least be readable.

Run #5 is actually the first run of the day, 233.8 HP and 313.4 Torque, Run #6 is where I turned the boost down to 15 psi from 17 because the curve was jagged...a possible indication of a lean condition. My A/F meter is messed up, so I'm kinda' guessing the car is ok at 17 psi, but it's a good guess, I've been running it that way for quite some time now, if it were truly lean the thing would have exploded by now :P.
UL (The Encyclopedia Starquestica)

Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

Alspos wrote:Howdy, welcome aboard.
Love the red pipework, MPI etc.
Niiiice.

(Fresh ideas Kelfy?)
nah! The green battery clashes with the red pipe work!!! :D
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

UltimateLurker,
I have a favor to ask. Is it possible to measure the boost pressure in the "cross over" hardpipe (ie. the pipe over the top of the engine to the TBI) at 6000 RPM when you are running 17psi in the manifold?
I would be very interested to see what that number was. Perhaps you could move your boost gauge hose temporarily to measure the pressure, or perhaps you have another gauge you could use?
Anyhow let me know.
The dyno numbers look pretty good I know you said a super 16G but is your turbine housing stock or do you run a TD05H?

thanks,
Mark.
HotrodTSi
[L] Plates

Post by HotrodTSi »

Darkelf wrote:
Alspos wrote:Howdy, welcome aboard.
Love the red pipework, MPI etc.
Niiiice.

(Fresh ideas Kelfy?)
nah! The green battery clashes with the red pipe work!!! :D
They said to watch for you Darkelf...picky, picky, picky! :roll: :D

I'll try and do better next time. :wink:
89 Conquest TSi
Magna MPI
75mm TB
750cc Delphi Injectors
SDS EM-4D ECU
SCI Header
3" Exh
Roller cam
TE 61 T3/T4
http://members.cardomain.com/hotrodtsi
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

Welcome HotrodTSi, that's one very, very hot looking engine bay, puts mine to shame..

:beer
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
UltimateLurker
Big Dorifto

Post by UltimateLurker »

mrb1 wrote:UltimateLurker,
I have a favor to ask. Is it possible to measure the boost pressure in the "cross over" hardpipe (ie. the pipe over the top of the engine to the TBI) at 6000 RPM when you are running 17psi in the manifold?
I would be very interested to see what that number was. Perhaps you could move your boost gauge hose temporarily to measure the pressure, or perhaps you have another gauge you could use?
Anyhow let me know.
The dyno numbers look pretty good I know you said a super 16G but is your turbine housing stock or do you run a TD05H?

thanks,
Mark.
I could do that, but the car is down for the winter at the moment. The 16G is ported and polished, and will have an 06 wheel next year :-)

mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

UltimateLurker wrote: I could do that, but the car is down for the winter at the moment. The 16G is ported and polished, and will have an 06 wheel next year :-)
Ok. We don't have the "winter" thing here. 06 is standard for us but we can't get the good Mitsubishi turbo parts at the right price. 06 8cm2 turbine is standard for our 2.0 4G63.
UltimateLurker
Big Dorifto

Post by UltimateLurker »

Man, every time I see 4G63 I get a little ticked, we should have NEVER had the 2.6, I hate the G54B. One day I'll have my EVO 4G63 and all will be well...lol.

fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

im loving that engine bay mate...that looks absolutely mint! welcome to the forums by the way

--designated post whore
HotrodTSi
[L] Plates

Post by HotrodTSi »

Thanks for the compliments mates. I hope to do some more work this winter when I freshen up the motor.
89 Conquest TSi
Magna MPI
75mm TB
750cc Delphi Injectors
SDS EM-4D ECU
SCI Header
3" Exh
Roller cam
TE 61 T3/T4
http://members.cardomain.com/hotrodtsi