Purchasing Starion and need an alarm.

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Purchasing Starion and need an alarm.

Post by toysrus »

I should have a starion parked in my carport in about 2 months time, anyone got any ideas on a decent alarm system?

Was after a decent one with a microwave sensor so no one will steal the guards :D and maybe a pager system.

If I can't find a decent one then i'll be too paranoid to drive anywhere. :(
StarionBoy
i need to paint my car!

Post by StarionBoy »

if i was getting a new alarm for my starion this is what i would get:

* a basic alarm with shock sensor, battery back up, etc

* add on to automatically close windows (and sunroof if you have it) when you arm the alarm. ($60)

* High pitch Piezo siren for under the dash (constant very high pitch sound, which you almost cant stand to be around) ($10)

* microwave sensors or ultrasonic sensors (ultrasonic is for inside the car and is $50 not sure about price for microwave)

* central locking ($30)

* phone module. as an alternative to a pager system, there is an add-on you can get which you plug a mobile phone into (get one on a $5 plan or something) then program the module to call the programed numbers and play a message telling you that your car alarm has been set off.. i think this is a much better option than a pager due to the fact that pagers have a limited range where mobile phones vertually dont..

say your at a big shopping centre and your cars parked in the car park, and your walking around the shopping centre somewhere, your pager may be able to reach you but maybe not.. where a mobile phone will be able to get to you.. although you will be paying $5 - $10 a month (for the phone) plus any calls when your alarm is set off..
Last edited by StarionBoy on Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarionBoy
i need to paint my car!

Post by StarionBoy »

most people also prefer all black wiring as its harder to find the right wire to cut..

this one i found on ebay has black wiring, auto windows, shock sensor, etc but doesnt seem to have a battery backup siren, so as soon as they disconnect your battery, off goes your alarm.. whereas with my alarm (battery back up) if the battery is disconnected the alarm goes spastic..

EBAY ITEM

this one has black wiring, pager, plus all the usual

EBAY ITEM

will you be wanting Remote starting as well?? lol

how much detail are you wanting to go? how much protection? what u planning on spending? are you planning on installing it yourself or getting it done?
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Post by Eurotrash »

Rotweeler or doberman (howerver you spell them) with rubberband around it's willie
Best alarm :D

don't get an alarm with a shock sensor
I can find them all around the city, especially in carparking buildings. the exhaust from my starion and from my legnum for that matter, sets them off.
Dynatron with Glass break sensor :D
I'm still not allowed to put in the low voltage 50000amp live wire system into the drivers seat or steering wheel :(
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Thanks Starionboy. :)
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

you ARE getting a widebody?
_

Post by StarionBoy »

come on... seems theres more to this story than just getting any old starion... i think decoys on to something.. why would any normal starion owner be worried about someone stealing their guards.. rofl

so what u after?? i wouldnt bother with shock sensors, you will end up with too many false alarms.. much better with ultrasonic or maybe microwave, im not sure how microwave work so im not sure..

what ever alarm you get though i would definitely get the Piezo siren and put it in under the dash where it cant be reached.. it only costs $10 and in a car it would be very loud if set off.. my girl friends house has 2 connected to the house alarm and even in the house its pretty loud
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Well, you never know someone might want normal starion guards :D LOL

Well so far, she's red, low k's and auto!

Anyway i'm in the process of calling a couple companys about gps.

I might just go for a crappy setup with a few sirens and have the gps just in case.

So if it decides to go walkabouts then i can track her down.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Theres something about an auto staz that fascinates me... I think you should build one up, by all reports the transmissions are very strong.

Plan to manualise it?
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

a cordia owner in adel getting a widebody starion before i do? nah that can't be right... u sure ur getting a widebody? nah that can't be... nah... can't...
_

Post by jrod82 »

ProZac wrote:Theres something about an auto staz that fascinates me... I think you should build one up, by all reports the transmissions are very strong.
Want to buy one?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

decoy wrote:a cordia owner in adel getting a widebody starion before i do? nah that can't be right... u sure ur getting a widebody? nah that can't be... nah... can't...
rofl LOL rofl LOL LOL rofl

Better believe it, also i saw another red widey cruisin here in adel too, by the time i took a u-turn he was gone :(

And Prozac, actually i want to keep it auto, if i get bored later on maybe i will change it, if i do it would have to be a pajero box. :D

But anyway for the time being i have to get it all sorted out so i can get it here and on the road as soon as possible.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

jrod82 wrote:
ProZac wrote:Theres something about an auto staz that fascinates me... I think you should build one up, by all reports the transmissions are very strong.
Want to buy one?
if its super cheap, sure!
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

red auto? hrmmm. just for the record, if anyone touches the black auto widebody sitting at the perth dock i WILL kill them. :D
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

*Tickets to Perth bought*