Camotec Productions : Video 1 of 1000

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Yeah, but ill kicks your flaps anytime, ass.

:D
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

flappa wrote:No, thats not what it's about. You run a club event for the enjoyment of it, not with the aim of winning, if that happens then it is a bonus. I'm not talking about what is fair or unfortunate or whatever, I wasn't running and even if I was I wouldn't care either way. But if someone does well then by all means they deserve some credit.

However, I know that GT4, I've competed against it rallying and what I meant by not a fair showing was that if it had been on some decent rubber it would have been a lot more competitive. I heard it was on rally tyres, however like I said I wasn't there. But I can say from my experience, having driven a rally car on tarmac with rally tyres it's a lot of fun, but it just doesn't work. Once the tread blocks start to overheat it's all over, absolutely no grip at all. So what I'm trying to point out was that for crap rubber, the GT4 did well.
The GT4 was wearing a set of Bridgestone Potanzas, I don't remember what model potanzas but they didn't look crappy.

The GT4 certainly goes well because Matt Dyne won the Dell Classic Stages rally last weekend in it. I'm talking first outright, not just first in class!
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

So it was running potenza road tyres or potenza rally tyres? Like I said I would have expected it to be a fair bit quicker, made sense when I was told it was on rally tyres.
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

I'm not sure what version of Potanza they were but they definately had a tarmac tread pattern on them.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

rally tarmac or road tarmac tread?

:wink:
_

Post by flappa »

mystery solved, turns out he got a set of "dodgy" road tyres for a case of beer.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i've got my next excuse lined up for when i lose now! good stuff ;)
_

Pics

Post by dokbob »

i have a shitload of pics but run ot of space a pbase i can mail selected ones mail me at bproud@optushome.com.au
the GT4 had pretty good tires from wat i can see in the pics i got of it also have starion pics
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

I wish u lot would make up your minds! first I get it from Dave it's on rally tyres, then from crowley it's on dodgy road tyres, and now u reckon it was on good tyres? I give up!
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

LOL its funny.

But no hard feelings Flappa, just dont turn up to an event with crappy tyres or i will beat you with a hickory stick. hehe