J-spec imports

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

decoy wrote:doesn't that = $3k? hmmmmmmm yum.
Yes, 3K to buy it at the auction. But then there are the agents' fees (Japan and Australia), shipping, customs, GST and import tax, mopderate ADR compliance issues and then registration. that 3K will end up costing $10K on the road here.

Thanks for that, Paradoxx.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

No Wuckers!! :D

I'll post some more up if i see any

Steve.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i wish i could go back in time... mine has cost more then that total price :cry: ... then again... aaaah farkit lxs bring me over some widebody panels! hehe.
_

Post by Defective »

decoy wrote:aaaah farkit lxs bring me over some widebody panels! hehe.

me too. me too....

:D :beer :D :beer :D :beer
oz, here i come....
Floorit
The one and only

Post by Floorit »

how much to get one of thos e cars to here they look cool I wnt a black one for my nex car
were can u get the wide panels from ?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

they say to allocate at least 1500 for compliance checks and alterations at least when importing from japan. Then add on your rego so budget at least 1000 for that but it could be more complex than that so again allow a little extra. Then you have the problem with insurance on an import, especially if u r under 25 like i am.

So so far, we are looking at:

3000 - car
1500 - comp
1000 - rego (not realli sure tho)
1000 - 3rd party OR
2500 approx - comprehensive

So that all up is like over 8k and thats not even counting the costs that are likely to be high such as ure shipping, storage as the car cant be brought in yet cause its less than 15 yrs old (have to wait to the exact date of manufacture b4 it can enter country), import tax here, export tax there...blar blar...

*sore head*

well at least that gives u an idea of the overall price man...put quite simply, pickup a less than perfect staz here and do it up with the money that you would spend on storage and stuff. quite simply, ure gonna spend ure money on the staz one way or another, at least if u buy it here, u kno the parts u chuck in are gonna b in good quality and u can personally inspect the car first hand.

my 2 cents