Leave of absence

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
MainstreaM
I've been here before

Leave of absence

Post by MainstreaM »

Been working 12hr nights, six days a week, for the past 7 weeks. Refueling time. Took those 7 weeks off from the internet and fasted, cleansed, and focused on what to do next in life. Big changes ahead.

Car wise, not much has changed at my house. Bought Lee's black beater quest. My little bro came up from FL to swap engines after we found low compression in cylinder 3. He ran out of time before he had to leave so it sits engineless. Got my Fiji back from paint, although not finished, for Dylan to drive temporarily. Off next week so I'll finish what he started. In the meantime, he has found a 99 Blazer 2door 2WD he want's to get a loan for. He needs a cosigner, so I guess I'll be doing that and ending up with 2 running Starquests, holy cow, that's never happened before. Going to FL after christmas and getting my Canyon to do an LS swap. All my other projects are exactly where they have been.

Sometime in there I have to fit a bunch of home repairs. Still on the lookout for some land or house with land. My tiny house is quickly becoming too small and no garage is killing my car hobby. Picked up building guns and that's getting more and more expensive.

Will be starting a new dayshift gig next week giving me a 3 or 4 day weekend every weekend for the next 18months.

My grandmother passed away but she was bedridden with various forms of cancer. Hated to see her go but glad the suffering ended. It also frees up my Dad to retire so we can move some land we can both live on. He's excited to get to spend more time with my kids.

That's about it. Will be poking in more often. If you've made it this far, thanks for reading.

To those waiting on me, I apologize. Get with me and I'll make things right ASAP.

Kane
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Good luck with your plans :beer
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Take it easy mate. I know how you feel working soo much and not having much time to spend with family etc. Don't live your job. Live your life. :beer

Good Luck
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

Kane, good to hear from you. I still think about that "LS swapped" bimmer prank from time to time lol.

Hope you and your family have a Happy Turkey day.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Good luck with the land search. hope you find a big shed !
Neil
Big Dorifto

Post by Neil »

Thanks Mainstream, I was intrigued by your post and read it several times, and thank you for posting. Not sure I have seen many of your previous posts as I have been a long time lurker but short time poster (now I am getting serious about restoring my '87 JD OZ Starion I'm a bit more constant) but enjoyed being on your journey. Now I am ramping up my resto I hope to gain the knowledge of others more experiencenced and also share my journey as well.

Cheers,
Neil
1987 JD Starion