crashing evo........

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Noddy
Enthusiast

crashing evo........

Post by Noddy »

1985 JB - owned from new.
1986 JD - used to own one.......
1320ft
almost postwhore

Re: crashing evo........

Post by 1320ft »

Noddy wrote:Thank goodness for roll cages!!
Any crash you can walk away from......................
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Re: crashing evo........

Post by OLD FART »

1320ft wrote:
Noddy wrote:Thank goodness for roll cages!!
Any crash you can walk away from......................
is a good one :)
PS mine was nowhere that spectacular
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

FARK me that was insane! Am glad i went the extra bars in mine now!
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

Lunacy wrote:FARK me that was insane! Am glad i went the extra bars in mine now!
Its amazing isn't it.

I had one guy come to my work years ago and pull a knife on me, because the night before I had kicked him out of the drags for running a 10 sec pass and his csr had no cage, tech inspection etc.

(for those who arn't aware, under ANDRA reg's, any car faster than 10.99 sec etc must have a cage etc)
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

1320ft wrote: I had one guy come to my work years ago and pull a knife on me, because the night before I had kicked him out of the drags for running a 10 sec pass and his csr had no cage, tech inspection etc.
did you have the twat banned for life?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Shit... a lot of rocks/stones that could have gone in between the cage-tubing there. :o
Noddy
Enthusiast

Post by Noddy »

here on youtube

1985 JB - owned from new.
1986 JD - used to own one.......
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Whoa! And to walk away, that's awesome.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
panda
Enthusiast

Post by panda »

Way back in 1994, I was a co-driver competing in the Australian Rally Championship in a Suzuki GTi & had an almost identical crash. However, we only rolled 8 times down a similar slope, with the car disintegrating with each flip. Again the roll cage stood the test & we walked away shaken but not hurt. I quit rallying for nearly 10 years after that, but the bug has got me again & now have a Starion under construction to go rallying again.
Dreams have no limits.

1982 JA - Ex Enthuzed
1982 JA - For Sale - pending
1983 JA - Ex Auto-cross car - being parted out
1983 JA - Being parted out
1984 JA - Rolling shell - For Sale
1985 JB - Rally car project
1985 JB - Autocross car
1985 JB - Week-end cruiser
starionc
I love starions

Post by starionc »

panda wrote:Way back in 1994, I was a co-driver competing in the Australian Rally Championship in a Suzuki GTi & had an almost identical crash. However, we only rolled 8 times down a similar slope, with the car disintegrating with each flip. Again the roll cage stood the test & we walked away shaken but not hurt. I quit rallying for nearly 10 years after that, but the bug has got me again & now have a Starion under construction to go rallying again.
Panda, That is a life long bug mate! I've been in and out (budget related) of rallying since 1996 And also cant wait to get my Starion in the forest. And yes it has plenty of bars in the cage!!!!!
How many Starions can one man drive!!

Check out my website: www.aboutstumpgrinding.com.au
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

panda wrote:Way back in 1994, I was a co-driver competing in the Australian Rally Championship in a Suzuki GTi & had an almost identical crash. However, we only rolled 8 times down a similar slope, with the car disintegrating with each flip. Again the roll cage stood the test & we walked away shaken but not hurt. I quit rallying for nearly 10 years after that, but the bug has got me again & now have a Starion under construction to go rallying again.
Peter you may want to contact David aka Dinta Officer as he may have some tweaks/tips that you may be able to use.
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
JJH
Enthusiast

Post by JJH »

OLD FART wrote:
Peter you may want to contact David aka Dinta Officer as he may have some tweaks/tips that you may be able to use.
Or just ask RallyStarion here as he has one of Dinta's original rally Starions, and he has that baby in great shape too.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

JJH wrote:
OLD FART wrote:
Or just ask RallyStarion here as he has one of Dinta's original rally Starions, and he has that baby in great shape too.
I seem to have a vague memory/reccolection that Dintas car had a rear suspension mod to correct/reduce rear end bump steer when landing over yumps.
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

hats off to the cage builder...

here is a longer video showing the driver getting out to cheers from spectators:
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T