What is it about Starions ??

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

What is it about Starions ??

Post by Vulpes »

What is this disease we are so infected with ? I sold today my mint condition 60,000km Supra Turbo and decided to keep the Starion instead. I drove my Starion yesterday for about an hour and just LOVED it apart rfom the clutch issue, Such a great wonderful car to drive. The noise, the nostalgia. I just love everything about this car and am so so pleased to have it back please promise to come over to my house and give me a jolly good bottom smacking if I ever ever say Im going to sell it again !!!
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

rofl
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Re: What is it about Starions ??

Post by enthuzed »

Vulpes wrote:...for about an hour and just LOVED it...please promise to come over to my house and give me a jolly good bottom smacking...
No way! You'd enjoy it far too much Darryl, we've heard the stories... LOL

(There's nothing like taking things out of context...but you can't misinterpret this: DON'T SELL YOUR STARION!)
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

I agree, Al.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Darryl, if you don't know why by now, you will never know :D

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Dazza when you finally work it out please let me know :? :? :?
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Jinba Ittai!

(hope i spelled that correctly!)

Feeling of one-ness between man and horse (or machine in this case)

These cars have one of the best handling chassis ever made, that's why.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I reckon the driving position has a large amount to do with it. Just feels so right.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Funny, the guy who bought my supra came to my office today and told me he changed his mind over night. That makes two people who have done that now. I'm pulling it off car sales tonight. I m sick of trying to sell things.
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

How much you want for the supra? I know a guy that might be keen!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Don't know about you, but I don't ever let myself think something is sold until the money is in my account! Too much disappointment otherwise...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

^^^ exactly

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Have to agree completely. When in the starion, it just feels so natural and right. Its a dream to drive and it is the most fun I have even had. You feel so connected to the car. I have diagnosed many problems by just feeling the car when driving. Plus when you notice that all kids just LOVE the car, that says something. My daughter always goes to the widebody anytime we are going for a drive wanting to ride in it. It's just awesome.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

I know what you mean woody. Mike Brewer on wheeler dealers says cars talk to people. I kno wthat sounds like crazy crap but I really feel like I have a child back home again. it makes me sick to see that other people have worked on it and dones such stupid crap. All the dashboard is scratched etc. I am slowly getting her back to my standard again. Last night I just walked around it and I know it sounds crazy but I felt like it was glad to be home. I will never ever ever sell it again. When I rang shannons to re-insure it he told me I was the second person that day he had spoken to who had purchased his old car back. Thank God it was only 7 months. too much longer and she would have been ruined.
starionc
I love starions

Re: What is it about Starions ??

Post by starionc »

Vulpes wrote:What is this disease we are so infected with ? I sold today my mint condition 60,000km Supra Turbo and decided to keep the Starion instead. I drove my Starion yesterday for about an hour and just LOVED it apart rfom the clutch issue, Such a great wonderful car to drive. The noise, the nostalgia. I just love everything about this car and am so so pleased to have it back please promise to come over to my house and give me a jolly good bottom smacking if I ever ever say Im going to sell it again !!!
Darrel it's called Starionitis. There is no cure!!!! And it lasts a lifetime! To this day I still regret the sale of my first JB. It was 6 years old when I had it. YES 6....... Not a happy day when it was driven away by the new owner. Who 18 months later tried to sell it back to me for way more then he paid for it, with a buggered clutch and an import jet valve motor in it. He ran the original motor too low on oil and then pushed too hard around corners resulting in oil not being picked up and spun a bearing :x
I was told a year or so later that it was written off, but part of me hopes that was not true :roll:
How many Starions can one man drive!!

Check out my website: www.aboutstumpgrinding.com.au