HI ALL FROM NEW MEMBER

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

HI ALL FROM NEW MEMBER

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

Hi guys and girls
Im new here,im another starion lover, ive only owned three so far, my first being a euro spec ex,second being a jap gsr 3 i think it was with digital dash and cruise control,i sold and missed them so i got another ex euro spec,brought from auckland.does anyone know the history of the car?ill try upload a pic,i love the ex spec starions,such a buzz to drive,awsome forum guys :beer it wont let me upload pic sorry
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

hey, I'm from Hamilton too.

What colour (and what is the reg plate number) is your EX? if it's red, it's probably Ant's one who used to post on here for a bit.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

Yea its red and his name was antonny, what was his user name? does anyone know its history before he got it? would be keen to know how many ex models are left in nz, also does enyone know the where abouts of another ex same as mine reg number AUB645,a mate use to own it
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

does anyone know where to get a nice airdam front spoiler from? im over Waihi way,cheers for your reply
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

forgot his username on here, but he hasn't posted in a while.

He's had it for a fair few years, looked after it really well etc. I suppose he just wasn't using it much lately so decided to sell.

ImageImage
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

cheers for the vid,looks like fun,yea id have to say he has looked after it and going off carjam he hadnt driven it much,cheers
Firebrand
I like starions

Post by Firebrand »

KNIGHT RYDER wrote: also does enyone know the where abouts of another ex same as mine reg number AUB645,a mate use to own it
yep, i think that one was brought by a guy on here (Spinners) and stripped for parts a couple of years ago, was in pretty bad nick by the time he got it - heaps of rust etc... A few parts from it in my car now from memory...
1983 Starion GSR-II (TD05)
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Flick jas a pm for an airdam. And welcome :-)
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

thanks , anyone got any tips on gaining horse power from the sohc 4g63 without to many modifications? thanks
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

boost, larger turbo, larger exhaust, bigger diameter intercooler piping and better flowing intercooler, ditching the TBI system. Yours is the red top motor which should be 8.5:1 comp ratio and approx 175hp from factory.
ImageImage
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

Hi cheers for info,its currently got a tco5 on it so it spools up quicker then the factory tco6,would increasing the inlet pipe size into airbox help?

my intercooler in laying flat,i didnt think they were factory in the ex,would it be benificial to change to straight up and down?

also would a straight through 2 1/2 inch exhaust be good or 3 inch better?

if i up the boost with a bleed of tap will i need to change anything to compinsate for boost rise or will computor do it for me? i believe 13.5 psi is tops or boost will cut if i exceed 14 psi?

thanks for any help
87_starion
Big Dorifto

Post by 87_starion »

If your talking about my old car it has a TD05 16G not a TC05. Boost cut was about 14.8Psi. It ran best at 13.8Psi and the mixtures were still sweet. I barely used it in the last 3 1/2 years as it lived in a different city, in a garage under a cover and never saw the rain.

Hope your enjoying it, it was a good car to me!

The car lived in Matamata before my ownership and belonged to a chick.
96 R33 GTS25t - 4 Sale
02 Impreza
KNIGHT RYDER
Big Dorifto

Post by KNIGHT RYDER »

cheers for the info dude,is td05 a garret? im lovin the car,just gotta sort some front shocks and i think i better do cambelt because they are meant to be good for 100.000kms or 5 years so time frame is up,also the water pump has abit of play in it,its still parked in a shed so should stay nice and tidy :beer
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

KNIGHT RYDER wrote:cheers for the info dude,is td05 a garret? im lovin the car,just gotta sort some front shocks and i think i better do cambelt because they are meant to be good for 100.000kms or 5 years so time frame is up,also the water pump has abit of play in it,its still parked in a shed so should stay nice and tidy :beer
nope td05 is a mitsi turbo. If its a 16g its probably and evo 1-3 turbo
87_starion
Big Dorifto

Post by 87_starion »

Yeh that stuff was changed 7 years ago so its getting on.
From memory, that turbo is basically what would be on a EVO 1 or 2, EVO 3 is slightly different again.
96 R33 GTS25t - 4 Sale
02 Impreza