66.8 KW at the wheels, nice....

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

NXTIME wrote:I still think that the quarter mile is a very good indicator of real horsepower. ET's can be used to indicate the amount of power that a car has, however, it is the trap speed that will allow a close estimation of an engine's power output.
I have to agree with Nxtime, terminal speed is a very accurate indicator.
Tungsten
[L] Plates

Post by Tungsten »

Ah, but some people tend to forget and take for granted that the most important thing is that your car actually drives well and is reliable.

It doesn't matter how fast your car is on the track. Thats not important to me. i never drive around on a track.

To me it also doesn't matter what figures you are pumping out on a dyno. numbers from a computer dont mean shit and can be misleading.

All this especially does not matter if your car is defected... like mine has been for the past 18 months :oops:

But what I think cookie is trying to say is that numbers dont mean everything.

For example if someone ont this forum had 180kw at the wheels, and someone else had 160 kw, would anyone seriously bet their life on the first one being faster on a 1/4 mile track? I wouldnt.

But if someone wanted to improve their engine performance then you would probably have to use a dyno to give you a rough indication of how effective you modifications were. But as i said earlier numbers from a computer can be misleading. So i wouldn't go boasting that my car is faster than yours because it has more hp on the dyno.

Probably the surest way is to use your dyno numbers as an indication but then run your car down a 1/4 mile track to back the numbers.

Then again thats only if all you wanted was your car to be fast in a straight line :wink:
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

lets just agree that different things on a car are important to different people as no 2 starions or starion drivers are the same.
---------
TVR T350C
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

i never build an engine or a car to put it on the dyno to say my dick is bigger because i have this many HP.

I build it to what i want. i dont give a toss what hp it has, if i think its fast, its fast to me!! and thats all i care about! i couldnt care if a commodore beats me in a drag, its abut how fun the car is to drive, I know that my car doesnt go very fast, im not gonna cry about it either. It does what i want it to, and for an old car it is fast for an N/A with standard internals (minus cam) it runs nice and its good enougn for me.

its non turbo, its carby. but it only goes as fast as you think it does!

and i must say weber carbys are a godsend to carby cars!!!
1983 JA Staz
LxS
I love starions

Post by LxS »

lets just agree that different things on a car are important to different people as no 2 starions or starion drivers are the same.
I second that..

If you think the car feels fast, then enjoy it! figures dont matter
8 2 ' M i t s u b i s h i S t a r i o n W i d e b o d y