Anyone gone west and not told us????

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Anyone gone west and not told us????

Post by jwebb2876 »

Spotted a black widey sitting in a driveway in the not-so-rich part of town today. Anyone from here?
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

My guess it was stolen from Redfern and driven to a relatives place in parkes. ( for our non local readers, Redfern is an inner Sydney slum with a large Aboriginal population and a constant source of trouble, Parkes is a very country area a few hours from Sydney )
Last edited by Vulpes on Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

I'm not aware of any other black widies in NSW?
Are you sure it's a widie or a flatty with a full spoiler kit?? Did you take a photo?

BTW Newtown is a fancy part of town...Vulpes, I think you were refering to Redfern!
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

oops sorry Mal, edited it now. didnt mean to joke about your neighbours :)
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

nope, its a widey. 5 stud and all. They're pretty unmistakeable lol
I shall endeavour to get a photo next time i'm up that end of town.
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Drop in and say hi... or leave a note on the windscreen. (I've done that before)
1985 JB Starion #157
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

there was a black 89 GSR-VR that an importer in brisbane brought in under the old 15 year rule (before it got changed to pre 89) that was sitting there for a couple of years then went somewhere, i only found out about it after it'd been sold so i dont know where it went.. who knows, it could be it..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
tri26t
I love starions

Post by tri26t »

OY, Parkes is a great town, haunted it when I was a kid, shopping from Condobolin. If you want to tag a town with "not-so-rich part of town today, go north to say......Dubbo west........(sorry Dubbo) Good to see widies aint just on the coast :) OLD 2PK radio was my best (if not only) friend back in the day Great layed back town.
TORQUES-CHEAP.
leoca
I've been here before

Post by leoca »

tri26t wrote:OY, Parkes is a great town, haunted it when I was a kid, shopping from Condobolin. If you want to tag a town with "not-so-rich part of town today, go north to say......Dubbo west........(sorry Dubbo) Good to see widies aint just on the coast :) OLD 2PK radio was my best (if not only) friend back in the day Great layed back town.
15 yrs ago whilst travelling down to visit a friend in Canberra , car overheated in the 38 degree heat and did a head gasket.It was 20kms from Parkes.
After walking 10km, realised some town I'd walked to was really only a "locality".Had to hitch hike for help.This fella that gave a lift had to call NRMA from his Aunties farmhouse(pre mobile back then!)...man was IT QUIET there, like it was frozen in time.

Had to spend the following 2 days in Parkes as it was Friday.
Wasn't a bad place,got to know the town pretty well by the Monday.Can still remember the carolling magpies on sunday morning, visiting the duckpond ...Nice Catholic Church too.
Starion-an 80's Classic car
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

The widey has since been moved to the shed (caught a glimpse through the shed window while I was walking down the alleyway next door) so I pegged a note pointing the owner in this direction on the screen door.
rant/
Must have changed in the ensuing 10-15yrs, it's full of drunks, derros, druggos, idiots deciding to run through your house bashing people when there's a 5yo asleep in the house for imagined insults derived from glancing eye contact down the street and 16-18yo wannabe gangstas looking for a fight now. Not if you only associate with "decent" people of course, that sort of stuff offends their sensibilities and shatters their illusion that the world is a kind, caring, fair place where justice is done for all.
God I hate this town.
/rant
Anywho, I actually prefer the Anglican church. Mainly because I did most of the painting and fixed all the saggy/stuffed/whatever doors and windows, but it's nice. The climb to the belltower's scary though. Narrow, windy, wobbly staircase and if you fell on the wall around it you'd go through. Nice view though, if you like houses and trees.
gj2600.wordpress.com
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

I still see this thing out and about, has a white bonnet now. I think it's the bloke's daily, as it's always parked outside the ARTC yard in town.
Left a note with the site URL on the windscreen yesterday, so yeah :)
gj2600.wordpress.com
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

if he doesn't have a computer, he may not know what a url is..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Make him jump on here! Can't have a Widebody Starion and not be on here! Arm twisting or kidnapping might do the trick :wink:

(but really it would be nice to have him on here- just thought I better put this bit at the end in case he reads this post and thinks we're kidnappers!) :wtf:
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects