ouch JB crash in Brisbane

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

ouch JB crash in Brisbane

Post by groupAralliart »

Couldn't believe my eyes this afternoon when I drove down the road from work (i actually heard the crash) - Tyson's new JB pushed up and over the gutter with a Camry stoved into the rear quarter! Whip lash and a few bent panels - hope you feel okay and car is a straight forward repair. Bad luck mate :(
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

oh shit, mal's old car? the two tone grey one???
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

:( I hope it's not too bad!!
Those doors used to shut with Mercedes Benz precision!

Hope she's back on the road soon! :cry:
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Yep, front grill left front guard, head light, front tyre, left rear quarter panel were major accident damage areas unfortunately.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

Hope you're ok mate. I know how much the pain is emotional as well as physical..

bloody camry drivers :glare: that's all i'll say to remain politically correct..

how did it happen?

There are already so few JBs and JDs left..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Bad luck dude. Hope for insurance.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
Sonic
I like starions

Post by Sonic »

Thanks mate for stopping to help me. A little sore but ok. Its a rite off. They wont repair it. They said its too old and hard to get parts. I will have to buy it back and put all the gear out of it into my other red J.B. I only had just finished most of the car off, and the new mags were only a couple of months old. So pissed off! I was driving up the street when the old lady driving the camry decided to do a u turn right in front of me. She hit the front passanger side hard and scrapted right to the back. Broke 2 mags. What a mess. I will post a few pics.
www.automobilemagic.com.au - Mobile Auto AirCon Repairs, Regases, Servicing And Mechanical
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

seriously, it's things like these that make me wonder why the licensing laws aren't more strict. They'd give licenses to cats and dogs if they could get away with it.

how much was it insured for? and how much are they charing you to buy it back?

I gotta call shannons on monday and up the insurance value for my car. I've been putting it off, but i really don't want mine to be written off because of some fuckwit.. especially since there are too many of them on the road. Don't know what it's like up in qld, but here in sydney, while the police focus on people who are doing 5kms over the speed limit or people with fast/modified cars, none of the accidents i've witnessed first hand have ever been over the speed limit. They've always been because of people not obeying other rules.. tailgaiting, not indicating, not staying in one lane, not checking blind spot, going through red lights, even taking the wrong exit and then trying to swerve back into the flow of traffic when they realise they're going the wrong way at the last minute :glare: 11 accidents in total i've seen in my lifetime, some of them really horrific.. sends chills down my spine just thinking about them.. and none of them can be attributed to ecessive speed or a flashy car.
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Shit! That's bad luck!

I don't know what the laws are in Qld, but try and get it classed as a repairable write-off.
That way, you may get it fixed down the track! That depends on whether the chasiss is bent or not?

Or get a shell and have it repaired?? There's enough of those around! There's 3 on Vulpes paddock inc. a maroon JB!!
Perhaps mention to the Insurance Co. that you can supply all parts for $500 and see what they say?? Check out what options you have....?

Yeah, it's important to have these cars insured for a fair amount...minimum $5K-$6K for a JB!!
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

With Shannons my policy gives me the car if it's written off.Heaven forbid that ever happening
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

so shannons will not pay you the value of the car, they'll just give the car back? or will they give you a cash payout AND the car back?
quest wrote:
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

most insurance co's should give you the option to buy back the wrecked car for whatever price they would have got for it from a wreckers or auctions etc. Over here they usually de-register them first which makes it nigh on impossible to get back onto the road unless you go through the repair cert process which would be costly to do so.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
Sonic
I like starions

Post by Sonic »

I will buy the car back and transplant everything i have done to it into my other J.B. Everything is pretty much new inside and out. Here are the pics...it wont let me upload pics....??
www.automobilemagic.com.au - Mobile Auto AirCon Repairs, Regases, Servicing And Mechanical
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

thrash wrote:so shannons will not pay you the value of the car, they'll just give the car back? or will they give you a cash payout AND the car back?
The wreck + the agreed insured sum it was insured for :D
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
greenstaz82
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by greenstaz82 »

that sucks mate , how bad is the damage ? .