Dickhead Hoon

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

redzone wrote:
OLD FART wrote:
redzone wrote: i dont condone this type of behaviour :?

LOL
What don't you condone the hooning or the dobbing in :?
the dobbing in, is extremely UNAUSTRALIAN :wink:

skids are a national pastime amd should be taught in schools :D

time and a place however. like industrial estates on everyone's day off not residential areas with kids playing etc etc
X2 :D there is a time and place!!
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

I completely agree with Khan. drink driving is as big a no no as it gets.

I had a friend with an S2000 (she happens to be a blonde too...), and she had a head-on collision with a moron who was drunk and drove into the opposite lane into oncoming traffic. S2000 totalled, my friend in hospital for months.

They were extraordinarily lucky no one got killed. Even after my friend got out of hospital she had to stay on pain medication for a while. Couldn't work properly because the drugs had to be that strong to keep her going.

She's ok now.. but i'm sure it's not a good memory for her.
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
leoca
I've been here before

Post by leoca »

I thought we were talking about hooning in your car?.
Point taken guys
Drunk driving is a crime and Australia's laws are pathetic.

I reckon caught once and you can't drive again for the rest of your life.
Let me tell you a story.
Wally Lewis's brother Edwin was an excellent footballer , reputed to be better than Wally ..until he was almost killed by a drunk driver. i know cos his Mum worked in our shop at Cannon Hill in about 1979 when it happened and it was very distressing time.
Starion-an 80's Classic car
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

thrash wrote:I completely agree with Khan. drink driving is as big a no no as it gets.

I had a friend with an S2000 (she happens to be a blonde too...), and she had a head-on collision with a moron who was drunk and drove into the opposite lane into oncoming traffic. S2000 totalled, my friend in hospital for months.

They were extraordinarily lucky no one got killed. Even after my friend got out of hospital she had to stay on pain medication for a while. Couldn't work properly because the drugs had to be that strong to keep her going.

She's ok now.. but i'm sure it's not a good memory for her.
Going off on a tangent here but the S2000 story reminded me of someone I know and her S2000.

I don't believe she was hooning, it was more a case of inattentiveness, still she killed 2 people and wrote her car off in the process. Messed herself up a bit as well, and she remembers nothing of the accident.

She was convicted of culpable driving and spent the best part of a year behind bars.

The responsibility of driving is a huge one. We must all remember that (me included).
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Burnouts are for wankers. Never done one, never needed to. Cars should be confiscated if you do a burnout. Period ! As for drink driving, the law is a joke. Two guys who I know regularly drink drive waaaaaaaay over the limit and it annoys the hell out of me. The local police are a joke, they know they could pick up a dozen drunks by waiting outside the local hotel but for some reason they dont ? Law should be first offence $10,000 fine and loss of licence for 12 months. Second offence 5 years jail, no questions asked.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

yeah burnouts are pretty pointless..

donuts on the other hand.. are fun ;)
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Vulpes wrote:...Law should be first offence $10,000 fine and loss of licence for 12 months. Second offence 5 years jail, no questions asked.
What about amputation?
Right foot for firsttimers...
Left foot second time...
(Not realy jokeing, I'm sure it would work...)
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

100% with Redzone a time and a place. Off the road and on a track is ideal.

A guy 2 years above me was hooning in his hilux ute (burn out aroud a round-a-bout) lost control and hit a bunch of my sisters friends (thank God she wasn't there).

I was coming home from work about midnight and saw an an ambulance and recognised some of the guys so I stopped to see if I could help.

One of the most popular and likable kids in the year was laying on the ground not moving. (I won't mention his name.) I wondered why the paramedics weren't treating him. I looked a bit closed and realised he was dead.

That was 16 years ago and I still think of him.
1985 JB Starion #157
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah see that's not a burnout, that's street drifting (of sorts). burnouts are an awesome stress relief, it's a pretty rare thing for me to do these days but oh so much fun when you have a powerful car..

static or close to static burnouts would claim how many lives a year? none? drink driving claims how many lives a year? how do the penalties stack up against each other...

also another pet hate of mine is how drunks who crash at high speed, or get caught doing high speed runs, are publicised as SPEEDING before it's mentioned they're drunk. if they werent drunk they probably wouldnt have been doing excessive speed, idiots..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

we drive a japanese sports car therefore we are criminals..... simple

when it comes to speed we should all do 20kmh in the interest of reducing the road toll to zero... hang on the first ever road death was a pedestrian run over at under 20kmh!!!!!

there is too much attention on the "3 big killers" speed , alcohol and driving tired. there is more need to focus on driver training, road worthiness of cars ( not the bs illegal mods crap they try to fine us for but real stuff like when was the last time a cop checked to see if someones brake pads were too worn??? but oh fark they got a bov.. book him danno ! ) and the GOD DAMN BULLSHIT STATE OF AUSTRALIAS ROADS!!!!!! thats the biggest killer but it also means money is going out not in.. oh screw this i'm shutting up theres no point
KiwiStaz
I like starions more

Post by KiwiStaz »

There was something about 10 or so years ago that I thought was a really good idea. The NZ government sponsered the national racing series with the slogan "the only place to race" (ie the track). Dunno how effective it was but the sentiments are right. If you want to race go to the appropriate facility and if you complain about the price (and this is the most common objection I hear), compare it to the price of the stereo in your car (ok so may not be applicable to most of us but is certainly applicable to the majority of young car enthusists unfortunately).
"aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

"I used to be frightened by the idea of having a racing accident and not being able to wake up again. Now things are changed. I often fall asleep during a GP, but at least I have the reasonable certainty of being able to wake up, later."
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Race/drag /drift on the track $ X = no drunks,all going the same ,drivers concentrating on driveing = way safe enviroment
Do the same on the street and get caught $xxxx + lose licence = stupid & dangerous traffic in both directions ,pedertrians and most importantly everybody is thinking about everything other than driveing :wtf:
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

no one has EVER died from doing static skids. fact.

noise is terrible if you're 971 years old. wow.

if only people that could drive properly were ever given licences.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

He copped( pardon the pun) :) a $500 .00 fine + exposure on TV looking for a place to hide LOL
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
leoca
I've been here before

Post by leoca »

OLD FART wrote:He copped( pardon the pun) :) a $500 .00 fine + exposure on TV looking for a place to hide LOL
...is that all you get for talking on a mobile while driving...even when you are done by the acting commissioner!!!!.
No wonder so many people do it.
Penalties in Australia are a joke for this sort of thing...there are known deaths attributable to mobile phone use at the wheel.When will people learn?.

They are one of the curses of the age...or perhaps I should say uncontrolled usage of them is. :)
Ahh give me back the eighties when things were a LOT simpler... :beer
Starion-an 80's Classic car