Colin Mcrae Dirt 2

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Colin Mcrae Dirt 2

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

Hi guys, has anyone here ever enjoyed the mcrae series of rally games?
I fell in love with them when i played number two I think it was with a force
feedback steering wheel, loads of fun, LOTS of cars to unlock, all the group B cars blah blah blah.

Anyway, its hard to find a game that will push my computer so I purchased his latest wondering how it will be after he died
in 2007 after all.

The physics are all pretty good, drivability is ok but there are about 10 cars to choose from in the whole rally part of the game, no sweet unlocks, and besides the evo and the sti I dont think the other cars are even rally cars.

I almost tore my hair out listening to the californian dude speech telling me how sweet my ride is and how i totally dope out the competition by pro bmx and skateboard x gamers...WTF they are doing in this game i dont know, but you do have to race against them for some freakin reason. Another sucky thing about this game is that unlike the sega gt and past colin series you could upgrade turbo etc ...Dirt 2? OH SWEET! FLUFFY DICE FOR YOUR MIRROR UNLOCK! OR A CHRISTMAS TREE THAT SITS ON UR DASH AND WOBBLES!
Car racing games these days are pathetic. I honestly dont understand how they think they are catering to a gamers desires by making the unlocks fluffy dice, different paint and wobbling toys for your dash. Also there is no "world tour" where you can just dominate the world rally circuit, the game is setup more like the way you would enter bmx or skateboard tournaments. Just all over the shop.

Colin must be rolling over in his grave to have x gamers narrating his latest title named after him.

If anyone has had a chance to play this or any past titles please let me know
:)
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
bridgey
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by bridgey »

Go look up a gran turismo 5 car list and look at the mitsubishi section
87 GSR-V, Factory DASH, Rebuilt bottom end with arp rod bolts and balance shafts removed, head reconed with 3 angle valve grind, TD05 housing machined out to take Garrett T4 internals, rebuilt and cryoed gearbox
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

wow, nice they even have a galant mr, wonder if the touring is one of the group a cars. Bout time they got around to putting a starion in the game. I bet you will have to pay to download most of them though.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
bridgey

Post by bridgey »

I noticed that they have an 87 GSRV listed... very nice silver one I'll be having in it oh and a 4WD one hahaha
87 GSR-V, Factory DASH, Rebuilt bottom end with arp rod bolts and balance shafts removed, head reconed with 3 angle valve grind, TD05 housing machined out to take Garrett T4 internals, rebuilt and cryoed gearbox
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Re: Colin Mcrae Dirt 2

Post by thrash »

Sargeant_Khan wrote:I honestly dont understand how they think they are catering to a gamers desires by making the unlocks fluffy dice, different paint and wobbling toys for your dash
the way i see it:

A: either they know that ricers with gutless civics play racing games waaaaay more than people with decent cars, so they are catering to the fluffy needs of these fellows..

B: or, somewhere along the way some regulations got involved and they decided they didn't want games to advertise car modifications..

hmmm, conspiracy theories :)
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

I look at the people drifitng now and then the people doing it back in 2001 and its a different crowd. THe new kids were all just startting to grow hair on their balls when we were doing it around here. They now have their own cars and frankly are worse than civic ricers. THey do the dumbest crap to their "drift" cars to be different and are just annoying basically like the late 2000 ricers lol. Their mentality is completely different, so this kind of crap probably conveys the language a lot better than a proper announcer.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

the pioneers do it for fun.. for a challenge..

the followers do it to look cool.

go versus show as far as i'm concerned
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

airbats801 wrote:I look at the people drifitng now and then the people doing it back in 2001 and its a different crowd. THe new kids were all just startting to grow hair on their balls when we were doing it around here. They now have their own cars and frankly are worse than civic ricers. THey do the dumbest crap to their "drift" cars to be different and are just annoying basically like the late 2000 ricers lol. Their mentality is completely different, so this kind of crap probably conveys the language a lot better than a proper announcer.
LOL... yep!! Bandwagoners.

GSRV in gt5?! Yessssssssssssssssssssssss... I need a PS3

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

I'm now jealous of those lucky bastards who have PS3's. Turn 10 need to release the Starion for Forza 3 :D
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
jk

Post by jk »

Most of those GT5 car lists are pure wish lists, though the 4wd rally Starion was in gt4 so at least the developers have Starions on the radar.
jb - white outside maroon inside
matt g
[P] Plates

Post by matt g »

starions pop up quite a bit in japanese driving games, but only the gsr-vr and grope B 4wd, im currently driving a gsr-vr on kaido battle, (pretty bad translations and lowish budget but quite fun when you get used to the handling) But a road stazza's in gt5? excelent, glad i got my ps3,
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

If you have an Xbox go grab Sega GT, you can get a widey and unlock the Group B starion. There's also the old RWD turbo lancer GSR etc...
That's a real fun game with you can play with the turbo boost, buy second hand parts if you can't afford new ones etc...
Oh and there's also 1/4 mile drag racing to play with!
I really like it.
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

yeah its a great game, you can also unlock nos and use it :D
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
Nosaki Faki
I like starions

Post by Nosaki Faki »

matt g wrote:starions pop up quite a bit in japanese driving games, but only the gsr-vr and grope B 4wd, im currently driving a gsr-vr on kaido battle, (pretty bad translations and lowish budget but quite fun when you get used to the handling) But a road stazza's in gt5? excelent, glad i got my ps3,
Been playing kaido 2 for a bit now and the handling improves substantially once you get further into it, ie. faster cars.

Copies can usually be found for under 10 bucks EB here in bendigo still had a few copies last time I was in there.

I would be happy to grab a copy and post it to anybody that would like one and can't find it.

I bought it pureley because it had a starion and sa22 rx7 (a mate owns one) and I thought it would be fun to have battles in the cars we own.

All in all a fun game for minimal outlay :D
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving just wasn't your sport!