What are your interests other than starions ?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Noddy
Enthusiast

Post by Noddy »

.....Sailing - River racing, Ocean Racing, Matchracing, Teams Racing... any

Family - 2 kids and wife, dog and a couple of cats(cats are not really of interest to me)

........ Bike Riding

........ Fixing Starions with helpful guys :wink:
1985 JB - owned from new.
1986 JD - used to own one.......
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

all things cars.. turbos, v8s, supercharged beasts. anything performance i like. except civics and front drive posers - hondas in general (love the s2000 though)

used to race remote control cars before i.. upgraded.. to the starion lol

computer games.. for those who know, Heroes of Newerth, Dota, Counterstrike.. anything really

computer programming, artificial intelligence

woodworking.. once i get one of my cars out of the garage, i need to make myself a loft bed and portable shevling for my bedroom.

basketball, table tennis, soccer..

health and nutrition.. I am a semi qualified nutritionist.. should go back and finish that.. could be a good career change
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

These days, having kids aged 2 and 1, sleep,sleep and more sleep is great. Of course, family is top priority!

Apart from Starions and trawling the net for that illusive starion item, I'm pretty keen on
sport (rugby league and cricket mainly...I used to play cricket competively)
music and memorabilia
antiquey things and restoration...mainly art-deco stuff....so to some degree, I'm a bit of a hoarder!!!
real estate etc

Even though I buy DVD movies and stuff, I rarely get to watch 'em, although I reckon the home cinema concept is cool!
Computer Games I'm completely not into!

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

redzone wrote:
Hey nachoman what kind of music did u play?
A bit of everything really.
House, Hard house, Breakbeats, some commercial stuff but not a lot, Rap and Hip Hop, and I love chucking a Disco track in with a House set every now and then! :D
I still get on the 'ol wheels of steel every now and then, but I have to say that CD's make it sooo much easier.
The Denon 3500 is the best CD player I've ever used, and I've used pretty much everything! :)
Scratchy scratchy scratch!
plasticdash
I like starions more

Post by plasticdash »

I like pies. :D
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

As expected, Starions. Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of fixing them. But have to do so sometimes/often. Why? Cause I race them - motorkhanas, khanacrosses and autocrosses mainly. Will do a few more rallies soon, and building a circuit car for some high speed fun.

Other than that, I like stuff involving speed/wheels - Snowskiing, blading, motorbikes.

I also do quite a lot of dancing - ballroom, new vogue, bit of latin/street latin.
Also: Reading, rooting, relating to other people. I love women. Family and friends. Health and wellbeing, nutrition. Movies, playing pool/billards. Personal development, antiques/investments/business. Negotiation. This is probably getting boring now. Did I mention I love the ladies? :D
Last edited by enthuzed on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Orion
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Orion »

2 many Toys!.. In the last 12 months I've bought 2 Starion's, 1 for the road, 1 for rally. A win loose situation... I miss my bike. I was averaging 11,oooklms a year... this year..3,000k's. I'll try and sqeeze a trip to the Tablelands before the end of the year... usually do 3 a year. Oh well.. I can't complain... 2 Staz's, road bike, x bike, vintage hifi, play the drum's and love live music.. been to 3 festivals and numourous concerts this year. Biggest problem is I've worked In Pubs for approx 14 years ( oh yeah.. I dig pubs!), and now I'm a 1st year apprentice, with wife and 3 kids, Time and cash are thin! Diggin the new job though... more night's and weekends to play with my toy's,.. & wife and kid's.
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

Scorpions (the car, not the spidery thing. I have 3 lol)
Xbox, mostly games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, etc although I do like Forza 2 :)
X7 chassis Toyotas (Cressida's, Cresta's, Mark II's, Chaser's etc)
Kinda liking mild Jap style cars atm as in lowered, 0 offset 14's, mild tyre stretch and a bit of camber and that's it
2-stroke motorbikes (I will NEVER own a 4 stroke.)
Punk/emo rock (really liking The Used atm, new album is cool :D )
Notchback RA65's
Girls :D
Drinking's good, too
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Thanks for all the responses guys, its all very interesting. :beer
ttjzz30
[L] Plates

Post by ttjzz30 »

Mostly cars. Started off a mitsubishi fan but have ended up with a 2JZ & 1JZ (supra & soarer). Can't beat these things for power and reliability! I still have a starion but that will be a looooong project. Also a soon to be resurected Z32 300ZX. I still plan to get a 3000GT one day. Not that fast but love the looks.

But have to say motorbikes are more fun. I could never get enough power with the cars (and still can't), but can never say that about the bike :D
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

enthuzed wrote: I also do quite a lot of dancing - ballroom, new vogue, bit of latin/street latin.
I didn't pick you for a dancer! I've been dancing for 13 nearly 14 years. Teach now, great money.