Got it running

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Got it running

Post by Vulpes »

I started it, it runs. It's stuffed and Ive had enough. It will be stored in a container until who knows when. Good night, farewell and amen.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

rofl

you know you'll be back.......
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Ah the joys of owning a starion (its a project car whether you like it or not :)
mrcordial
I like starions more

Post by mrcordial »

Reading things like this make me giggle..reminds me of my bad temper at times :glare:

Leave it for a week mate and try again goodluck :)
The only way to discover the limits of possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.
FRESHVR4.Wolf 3D.VL-T pump.hybrid 600x300x100.2.5" piping.3" zorst. TD06 20G 185fwkw on 14psi
greenstaz82
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by greenstaz82 »

rofl fun times , when i get the shits with mine i just cover it over with a car cover so i dont see it then come back to it later
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Sounds like a dodgy engine or diff.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

LOL at Mr Bishi stirring the sh1t.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Hi Darryl,

It's very hard to comment here...as I sold the spare parts car to you. I feel an element of guilt to the dramas!

With limited mechanical skill, I gotta say I am NOT in a great position to comment on the problem areas, but here's my 2c worth.

As the motor was MPI equipped, I question whether there is compaitability thing with the dizzy?? And whether the timing has been set right? I also trust the usual culprits such as injectors, AFM and vacuum hoses are OK.

Other than that, we need to find out why the motor is stuffed???? And if a compression test shows no damage,
can the heads be swapped over from your old engine?

:beer Mal
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

How much do you want for this one Darryl? :D
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

your right I came back. I left it for a couple of days in absolute disgust.
First of all Mal, dont feel guilty, i dont believe it is an engine or diff problem. I have had the gearbox out three times already and now the clutch wont engage/disengage so it will have to come out again. this is the job i am dreading the most although I am getting very good at it. I can have the box out in 1/2 an hour now and the new one back in not much longer. Its just being under the friggin car again in oil and crap that is bugging me. The engine may or may not be a problem, I suspected a cracked exhaust manifold although I am unsure based on teh horrible noises coming from the engine that this is all it is. So I started to pull the turbo off last night and found the front bottom bolt was loose. I have tightened it all back up but my battery was flat so I couldnt start it to see if it was any better. When I said it was stuffed I wasnt pointing the finger at either engine or diff. I knew it was a gearbox issue and was just not mentally prepared to go there again. The engine may or may no be an issue and it may just be that exhaust leak but as I said it sounded pretty rattly and horrible. Still will know tomorrow. You were all correct I just left it for a couple of days and am able to go back to it again. After sinking 20,000 bucks into this thing I cant just leave it. Cheers.
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

why not when u pull the gearbox out next u start the car without it so u can eliminate it as being the problem?
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

iXNAY wrote:why not when u pull the gearbox out next u start the car without it so u can eliminate it as being the problem?
Will the starter make it without the gearbox?
I mean, hangin just by the sheatmetal, wont it be "flapping around"?
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

just hand crank it....piss easy, we aussies are pretty tough :wink:
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Good point fugazi and one I had considered. The noise is definatly not gearbox related. Still it may be fixed, just waiting for my battery to charge so I can test it !
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

Alspos wrote:just hand crank it....piss easy, we aussies are pretty tough :wink:
Or use a rattlegun on the crank pulley.