big help needed !!! , trying to import widebody

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Paki, I looked at your jd last time it was on ebay for sale. To be honest there is no way you would pay 7k for it. It has some very good points but it has high k's and is in need of some work. If you don't believe me look here http://www.forums.austarion.com/viewtop ... highlight=
I wish you all the best in selling the vehicle, and if someone buys it they will be happy knowing they have a rare collectors car. If you are serious about buying a widey i am willing to let you come and look at mine, so you can see the difference and make up your mind for sure.

Vulpes this is one of your old Starions :shock:
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

Post by pakistarionjd »

how many km should a 1986 car have done , its like new from inside and not a drop of rust , but i done need the money , not really selling the car
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

I am not trying to start a arguement, just trying to help you get a perspective of what your car is worth. You are on here wanting to buy a widey for cheap, and wanting to sell your jd for top dollar. All i am trying to say is, if you lower your price a bit then someone will buy it. The car has not been registered in years and as a consequence will require some money spent on the fuel system, as old fuel seems to rust out the fuel tanks on these cars. There is a perfectly good jd for sale in Vic that should give you a baseline value for your car. http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... &silo=1011
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Just as a reference, my widey was a 87 and had 57,000km's on it. I have driven it a bit and is now up around the 126,000km mark, but still, I never plan on selling my widey.
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

WidebodyWoody wrote:I have sat in many JA's, I have owned 2. And I still think my widedbody has nicer interior. I wish it was leather, and it will be one day after the engine is done, but I find the seats WAY more comfortable. The JA seats I don't like much. I considered going to bucket seats but the Widebody seats are just too comfortable to do that. Plus I like original.

I love the widebody guards and spoilers, but I love the JA bonnet more then the other. Also love the JD and widey rear pillar vents. And you gotta love that LSD :D
I find the seats WAY more comfortable in my widey too. If I could get a set for my narrow body car I would take the race seats out in a heart beat. And they are leather....
And I prefer the cloth over the leather..... But thats just me. Ive had JAs with leather seats and it just gets hard and cracks....
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

Post by pakistarionjd »

www.18u hey you still live at leumeah , u had the old mr2 rite? mayb we can meet up sometime and talk about it in a friendly way
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

Post by pakistarionjd »

www.18u the white jd pic you have there he sold it for over $6000 , i called him up 2 days ago , and i dont no wat type of starions you have had but i just drove this car to qld and back not even 2 months ago , with out missing a beat
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Not me in the mr2! and like i said your more than welcome to look at my widebody, and see if you really want to sell you jd in order too get one. That's good news that your car has no fuel related issues, and like i said it is a great collectors car. All us widebody owners pretty much know each other and if you want to see a few wideys and narrows together, i am sure we could orgaise a cruise and could continue our friendly discussion.
:beer
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

www.18u, sorry i wasnt implying that charlie was hiding anything, it was merely an example to show that a low priced widey comes with hidden costs.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

www.18u, sorry i wasnt implying that charlie was hiding anything, it was merely an example to show that a low priced widey comes with hidden costs.
I know mate, i put it up just in case someone else was reading this and got the worng idea that's all.

No harm done to either partys :D
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Tamgesic wrote:Think he means 'services' lol

if thats what he means then i'd say i charge a fair amount for what i do :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Paki, I may be wrong but I think I used to own that JD, I put the JA vents on the b pillar and I remember it had that cobra alarm. Here are some shots of it when
i had it. Dont know what has happened to the JA bonnet since i sold it about 8 years ago ?

thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

WidebodyWoody wrote:Just as a reference, my widey was a 87 and had 57,000km's on it. I have driven it a bit and is now up around the 126,000km mark, but still, I never plan on selling my widey.
LOL

69000kms isn't a bit woody.. it's a FAIR bit :P
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

vulpes

Post by pakistarionjd »

yeah i got it 8 or 9 years ago.. your not the same bloke that sold me a silver ja like around 11 years ago and you also at the time recently got a silver jd with the black interior... its just that road looks familar :D [drive way on acreage] in the photos i remember taken it for a test drive i was 17.. i might be wrong
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Yes mate that would be me, I've had so many starions I've forgotten half of them.I dont even remember who or how or when I sold the JD but it was obviously you. Good to see the old girl is still going.