big help needed !!! , trying to import widebody

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

Post by pakistarionjd »

redzone , is this a shop , and what do you charge for your servers
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

There is NO chance of getting a decent widey into Australia for under $13-15K.

First and foremost, they are collectables in Japan due to their rarity, ie around 800 JDM widies were built. Of these 800-odd widies, less than 300 (and as little as 220) are actually eligible to be imported into Australia for road registration.

Secondly, the strong Yen in recent times means that the cost to buy one in AUD has gone up for exporting.

Thirdly, there are around 20 widebodies in Australia, most of them JDM; hence their limited number both here and in Japan, coupled with the first two reasons, will always ensure that their prices will remain at a premium.

However, you might be lucky and find one that has previous accident damage and/or rust that no one in Japan (or UK) wants for around your budget.

As for the person who suggested that the widey owners in Aus are in "cahoots" with each other...well, what can I say? In the end, it is simple economics that determines the price for any good (car) and it is this market that dictates the price.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Even when our dollar was strong against the yen you couldnt have gotten a widebody for your budget in the condition you want. Even the one www.18u bought for 8000 had some surprises in the body work.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

there are some interesting posts here about what things are wortha nd is a JD worth more than a JA. It really comes down to in my opinion what people want and what they are willing to pay. I paid waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for my JA but in saying that it was obviously a very good restoration project. Reasonable interior, engine is ok for now, clutch was rooted paint was rooted but importantly all the switches, lights etc were in excellent condition and these are the things that make good resto. Personally I have always prefered the JA over any othe rmodel only because they were the first ones and in my mind the most "pure" of the starion design. That doesnt take anything away from the JB or D obviously they had improvements, its just what I prefer. In hindsight I was happy to pay what I paid for mine because it is now mint. Cost me about $15,000 as it stands with my donor cars but well worth it in my opinion. Cheers. Oh and I know this will sound weird but I prefer the narrow body over the widebody any day. IMHO.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

The reason why jd is worth more than a ja is there were only 50 that came over to australia so given how rare they are the price reflects that compared to jb and ja starions.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

don't forget the LSD :drool:
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

Post by pakistarionjd »

i have had a top nick ja only 80.000km and a top nick jd i would take the inside of ja over any jb jd or wide body , the leather gives it a more sporty feel to the car
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

have you sat inside a widebody or are you just guessing what it would feel like?

Oh, and the JDM wideies had leather as an option ;) My last one had all the options ticked on order...

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

and as for cheap widies, you get what you pay for (as in most things).

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

Post by pakistarionjd »

yea i have mate there is alot more ppl out there with starions too , who dont really care about joining a online clubs ,
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

There are however two things I do prefer about the JD than the others. One is the interior ( I changed mine to leather ) and th eother is the fornt bar. I prefer the JA front spoiler, rear spoiler bonnet etc. As for LSD I have made every JA I have had LSD. I have one coming for my current white rebuild too.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Just for the record, I inspected my car first and knew that it had rust in it. I was prepared for this and that is part of the reason why i paid what i did.
Nxtime never hid this fact, and even offered to get the car fixed before i bought it (at a added price.) I chose to take it as is, because i wanted to find a panel beater i trusted who wouldn't just bog the rust up.

Having said that, if you were looking for a car like mine now in the condition it was in, it would be around 12k now. With the dollar how it is and the cars becoming more collectable.

With all the trouble i am having getting a rear quarter, i would if i was to do it all again buy a very clean original manual (Sorry Redzone but that tunnel really annoyed me) Starion and pay the premium. By the time i paint mine and get the rear quarter fixed it will owe me more than a nice clean example landed here not requiring any work.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

pakistarionjd wrote:redzone , is this a shop , and what do you charge for your servers

yes i have a workshop, contact details are in my sig.. what's a servers?

hahahahaha shannon my trans tunnel doesnt bother me when i need to work on the car it makes everything easy :D
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

Think he means 'services' lol
Umbrella girls rock. That is all
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I have sat in many JA's, I have owned 2. And I still think my widedbody has nicer interior. I wish it was leather, and it will be one day after the engine is done, but I find the seats WAY more comfortable. The JA seats I don't like much. I considered going to bucket seats but the Widebody seats are just too comfortable to do that. Plus I like original.

I love the widebody guards and spoilers, but I love the JA bonnet more then the other. Also love the JD and widey rear pillar vents. And you gotta love that LSD :D