Idiot driver in the rain

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Idiot driver in the rain

Post by OLD FART »

On the local tv news last night there was a f----wit in a red Lancer who despite there being 2 cars stopped in the flood water drove full belt into it and of course stalled and was washed off the road :x
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I think that is because he was either
a) blind
b) stupid
c) a blonde
d) all of the above
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

but lancers were raced in rallies.. so it should have been able to do it... i mean i'm sure theres an ad on telly that shows it and telly never lies
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

Maybe he thought his car was water proof. I sure hope it wasnt a ex lancer. If it was, I wanna go slap the taste out of his mouth.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

dont stress rad, just nominate them for a darwin award.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Some people just dont think when it rains, had something similar happen when I was coming back from the dirt sprints last november when the big storms hit brisbane.

I was on the ipswich motorway and everyone was driving slow because of all the rain, but a barina decided to tailgate me even though there were 3 cars in front of me. Normally i would just ignore someone like that but decided to move over to the left lane behind the car the other 3 were slowly overtaking. The barina then moved up and tailgated the car i was originally behind. 500 metres later the cars ahead slowed down because of the water on the road but because the barina was tailgating, couldnt brake in time and hit the car in front (which would have been me if i hadn't moved over) and caused a 4 car nose to tail. Goes to show some people don't think about what they do and stupid shit always comes back to bite you on the arse hard.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

yeah those things are stupid

I remember one day returning from willowbank, going down M1 near Coomera, the rain was so bad, could hardly see. I was travelling 100km/h and this commodore went flying past doing atleast 150 or more. As I said to Char that he is going t crash, I see his brake lights come on, he loses the rear end and plows into medium strip.
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I thought it was going to be a story about VN and silvia drivers coming out & enjoying the liquid horsepower on the road. Sik driftz action.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

aka 400 hp in the wet!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

aka bogans with commodores who have no sense LOL
project.r.racing
Dorifto!

Post by project.r.racing »

it was a 40 something female in a red 2 door lancer. she did not get washed away, but realised it was too deep, and attempted a 3 point turn in 40cm of water and backed the rear end off the tarmac.

yes indeed stupid.
panda
Enthusiast

Post by panda »

We don't have these kinda problems, coz it rarely rains, let alone flood !! (SA is the driest state on the driest continent)
Dreams have no limits.

1982 JA - Ex Enthuzed
1982 JA - For Sale - pending
1983 JA - Ex Auto-cross car - being parted out
1983 JA - Being parted out
1984 JA - Rolling shell - For Sale
1985 JB - Rally car project
1985 JB - Autocross car
1985 JB - Week-end cruiser
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

too bad that doesn't stop idiots from doing what they do best ;)
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol